Broken NZXT H440

RohaanHV

So i got a H440 a while back, the warranty just ended and then a month after the warranty ended the power on button stopped working. NZXT quoted the same price as a new case to get it fixed. What should i do?

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

Always following the steps of Apple.

do you know what exactly is broken? the switch could be easily replaced for like... cents, you don't even need to buy the two cables. You'll probably need to take out the whole panel to access the buttons from the inside then simply apply pressure with a flat screwdriver and the switch should pop out.

It might or might not require soldering, an easy fix if you don't want to solder or don't have an iron is to coil the copper over the contact pins and then put some glue or silicone over them so the cable doesn't moves, but soldering is better of course.

OR, the easy fix, connect the reset where the power goes in the mobo and you can turn it on/off from there, or the easiest fix, get a prebuilt button at any store, connect it and leave it hanging out the back of the case

Thank you, just a bit frustrating as you said the fix was cheap, but NZXT, who supposedly has great customer support, quoted me the price of a H500i for a button replacement 

I'd probably get an aftermarket one to replace it instead, though you might have to do a bit of DIY modding to make it fir in the OEM position.. 

https://mnpctech.com/bulgin-modmytoys-computer-pc-power-reset-switch-mounting-plates-vandal-anti-resitant-lamptron/

@Mnpctech sells a few different styles of buttons for about $10, plus cables to wire to your motherboard.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25