Buying used Ryzen 7 1700

So im buying used r7 1700 in 2 days and guy said he cant test it so im going to test it on my system and what should i test about cpu like cinebench it etc what score should it be

Btw im going to test it on B450 Aourus Elite and 2x8 16gb g.skill aegis 3000 mhz ram

I mean, if it boots it's probably fine. That's the test I go by for buying processors

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

I mean, if it boots it's probably fine. That's the test I go by for buying processors

lol but like what should I test about it to make sure it is completely fine?

Just now, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

lol but like what should I test about it to make sure it is completely fine?

If you're concerned then a stress test in Aida64 does the trick for me, and cinebench like you mentioned before is always a good go to.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

If you're concerned then a stress test in Aida64 does the trick for me, and cinebench like you mentioned before is always a good go to.

I think that cpu will be great upgrade from my a10 7700k ;D

1 minute ago, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

I think that cpu will be great upgrade from my a10 7700k ;D

G.skill aegis isn't the most amazing ram, if 3000MHz doesn't boot try stock and/or lower speed settings. 

Primary PC:

G.skill aegis isn't the most amazing ram, if 3000MHz doesn't boot try stock and/or lower speed settings. 

stock is 3000 mhz 

3 minutes ago, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

stock is 3000 mhz 

DDR4 stock speed is 2133, you'd need to enable XMP for 3000MHz or manually tune speed.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

DDR4 stock speed is 2133, you'd need to enable XMP for 3000MHz or manually tune speed.

No i meant the ram that i bought is 3000 mhz XD thanks for help i downloaded aida64 and c15

1 minute ago, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

No i meant the ram that i bought is 3000 mhz XD

I know, but the only kits that run at 3000MHz out of the box are specialty ram kits. Otherwise almost all DDR4 runs at 2133 at boot and you have to manually enable it for its rated speed

Unless I'm missing something in your description and you know that already. Also, cinebench R20 is out so you could go with that instead of R15

Edited by fasauceome

Primary PC:

Ya just stress test it and look at the boost speeds and temps. Normally it will either work or it won't though. I would just make sure its not running at some crazy low clock speed, all the cores work and that it doesn't over heat the second you put a load on it. In which case it will probably shutdown anyway. And obviously look for bent pins and stuff before you put it in.

I know, but the only kits that run at 3000MHz out of the box are specialty ram kits. Otherwise almost all DDR4 runs at 2133 at boot and you have to manually enable it for its rated speed

Unless I'm missing something in your description and you know that already

ok so when i start up pc i need to go to bios and enable xmp and thats it then just save and exit or i need to modify something else?

Just now, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

ok so when i start up pc i need to go to bios and enable xmp and thats it then just save and exit or i need to modify something else?

Yeah that's all you need to do.

Primary PC:

I had that same ram in my 1500x system, it ran fine. You will have to enable XMP profile in the bios though to hit 3000mhz. It won't do it out of the box, but that is pretty common with most ram now a days.

Just now, paulmohr said:

I had that same ram in my 1500x system, it ran fine. You will have to enable XMP profile in the bios though to hit 3000mhz. It won't do it out of the box, but that is pretty common with most ram now a days.

okay thanks