Accidentally slightly bent my 3.5mm headphone plugin, sound quality seriously damaged. Please help me.

picklesIguess

Hello. I was on my IPad with my HyperX headphones (100$) and I dropped it. My IPad was not damaged, but the headphone plugin was slightly bent.(it landed on the ground) It caused the left earmuff to only produce the sound with horrible quality, and the right useless. I attempted to fix it by bending it slightly so it would straighten itself out, but that didn’t help. Please help me if you can. I don’t want to buy more. (In the photo I took, it looks like no damage has happened, but the sound quality is severely damaged as mentioned before.)

image.jpg

This sounds to me like the part of the cable just behind the connector could have been damaged during the incident.

One solution would be to cut the 4-in jack off (together with a bit of cable to make sure you take the damaged section out too) and then reattach a new 4-in connector. This can either be done by soldering one onto it, or in case you want to avoid soldering you could also use something like this https://www.amazon.com/SinLoon-Extension-Terminal-Connector-Solderless/dp/B07NS4841C/ref=sr_1_4 . You just have to figure out which cable goes where and then, after successfully testing it, seal the connector with some heat shrink. It is not that pretty but should do the job.

2 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

This sounds to me like the part of the cable just behind the connector could have been damaged during the incident.

One solution would be to cut the 4-in jack off (together with a bit of cable to make sure you take the damaged section out too) and then reattach a new 4-in connector. This can either be done by soldering one onto it, or in case you want to avoid soldering you could also use something like this https://www.amazon.com/SinLoon-Extension-Terminal-Connector-Solderless/dp/B07NS4841C/ref=sr_1_4 . You just have to figure out which cable goes where and then, after successfully testing it, seal the connector with some heat shrink. It is not that pretty but should do the job.

Thank you for the help. I might do that soon. I appreciate your help greatly. :)