Should I Bother Upgrading?

Cmoparw

Hello, 1000$ budget and debating on upgrading either my PC or my car stereo. Car stereo could probably use it a bit more but it gets less use than my PC due to having a company vehicle anyways.

Current PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cmoparw/saved/GGtXHx

Ryzen 2600

Nvidia GTX 1080

Asrock X470 Master SLI/AC

Proposed upgrade: 

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $329.00 @ B&H
Motherboard MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard $199.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card $399.99 @ Best Buy
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $948.88
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $928.88
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-07 22:58 EDT-0400  

Main Reasons to upgrade: Just because.

Also pass on hardware. As I upgrade I pass the old hardware down the line to family/friends as needed {Currently have like 5 of these old systems that could use some upgrades}. Current best is an FX-8350/1050 and worst is Phenom X4 955/Radeon 4250. I do this mainly to get people more into PC's (And have people to do Co-Op/Multi-player with, even though they never do :( ). Currently have a friend with my old FX-4100/GT 730 looking to get more into PC and wanting to help set him up with my current stuff and get myself something nice.

Main reason for upgrading Mobo is my Ram, which is G.Skill Trident Z 3200 16Gb (2x8) and becomes unstable past 2866Mhz. I updated the bios a while back and am running the most recent (Pre-3000) Bios and not sure if its CPU or Mobo issue. Always been really disappointed by this since its listed for full speed support on the MB page and has the higher quality chips. 

Or there's always the rabbit hole of option 3, making an ITX build for LTX 2020... Tempting, but more of a plan for later.

Thanks for your time & input :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/12575301

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

13 minutes ago, Cmoparw said:

There's like no reason to upgrade from an R5 2600 and a 1080, to those components.

The CPU is only a bit faster, and the GPU is only a bit faster as well depending on the game.

Wait for Ryzen 4000 maybe, but mostly the RX 3800X or whatever they call it, because it appears that they are making a bigger faster NAVI GPU.

No idea when that's coming though, probably in 2020.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3429199/amd-ceo-confirms-high-end-radeon-navi-graphics-cards-are-coming.html

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

There's like no reason to upgrade from an R5 2600 and a 1080, to those components.

no, its an upgrade swift for the old fx / Phenom 

but if the ram/ mobo already has issue, better rma those first, you want to ensure those "spare" parts works when you get your new pc