Is water cooling optimal?

I agree with the GPU part, but if you want quiet, go with a low FPI air cooler for the CPU. Overclocking is hard to do well while staying quiet. 

The 780Ti technically will overclock itself with GPU boost 2.0, but you can push it a lot further. It's common to get over 1200Mhz with a 780Ti. 

I have two EVGA 780Ti SC w/ACX and they go up to 1320MHz when benchmarking. They sit at around 1290MHz in Skyrim. (When I overclocked them further. With EVGA's overclock, they sit at around 1250MHz in benchmarks.  

So a water block will help the gpu right? Well ocing while quiet true is hard, but it would semi be achieved with loop im planning.

Mouse: Razer Death Adder 2013 Keybaord: Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013

Well, parts rarely "Degrade" when they are taken care of properly. The problem with older parts, is that they lose driver support, as well as games upgrading to the newer technologies, leaving your old parts in the dust. Now, for gaming, this processor doesn't yield any extra performance at the moment, yet a few years in the future, games might be able to take advantage of Hyper Threading, so you could be good if this is the case. 

Another thing to consider when overclocking a Haswell chip is it's Overclockability. Linus has a video on it, and it's all really luck of the draw. Some chips OC like crazy, and you could squeeze out a ton of performance out of in the future, and then some decide they don't want to OC past 4.3Ghz. 

All in all, Liquid Cooling is probably the way to go for your situation. 

If you have any further questions, let me know! :lol:

//CCap

The 750d has filters that I will clean on a regular bases, and dust the internals when needed, what other well keeping could I do?

So a water block will help the gpu right? Well ocing while quiet true is hard, but it would semi be achieved with loop im planning.

A waterblock won't necessarily get a better overclock. My GPUs get artefacts when I push them too far, but the temperature is still below 86C, so it's not because of heat. The block will likely make overclocks more stable and help your card live longer by keeping temps below 60C. 

To be honest, unless you want to have a really nice looking system (nice looking watercooling often costs a lot of money) or you're doing some pretty serious overclocking (You'll need the fans turned up to keep things cool, so it won't be quiet) then there isn't much reason to watercool. 

Provided you're not mining or anything, then the system should be very near silent at night.

A waterblock won't necessarily get a better overclock. My GPUs get artefacts when I push them too far, but the temperature is still below 86C, so it's not because of heat. The block will likely make overclocks more stable and help your card live longer by keeping temps below 60C. 

To be honest, unless you want to have a really nice looking system (nice looking watercooling often costs a lot of money) or you're doing some pretty serious overclocking (You'll need the fans turned up to keep things cool, so it won't be quiet) then there isn't much reason to watercool. 

Provided you're not mining or anything, then the system should be very near silent at night.

Okay so Ill massively lower gpu temps, a small ver clock will still be pretty quiet, and the rest is for looks, I guess I could live with spending money on it. If not over clocking how would a 240mm rad fair? for a 780 ti, and 4770k

Mining doesnt really work with nvidia cards right?

Okay so Ill massively lower gpu temps, a small ver clock will still be pretty quiet, and the rest is for looks, I guess I could live with spending money on it. If not over clocking how would a 240mm rad fair? for a 780 ti, and 4770k

Mining doesnt really work with nvidia cards right?

With a 240mm you'll have to have the fans pretty high to get acceptable temperatures. It should really be 240mm per block if you can. To give you an idea of price, the loop I'm planning is going to cost around £600 ($990). It all depends on if you're willing to spend the money to get better temperatures. Also, the more rads you have, the lower RPM fans you can use = quieter. 

No, but I just meant that as long as you're not putting the card under load at night, it will be very quiet, so you may not need watercooling if that's what you're worried about. 

With a 240mm you'll have to have the fans pretty high to get acceptable temperatures. It should really be 240mm per block if you can. To give you an idea of price, the loop I'm planning is going to cost around £600 ($990). It all depends on if you're willing to spend the money to get better temperatures. Also, the more rads you have, the lower RPM fans you can use = quieter. 

No, but I just meant that as long as you're not putting the card under load at night, it will be very quiet, so you may not need watercooling if that's what you're worried about. 

Well, im going for a 360mm in the top, and it will be about 490 usd, i might get a 120mm for the back, but how much improvement would I get?

If the 780 ti hydro will remain 700 usd, i might opt for it instead of reference card, and my own block, and save another 150 usd.

Actually I forgot to mention Im gonna use it to render and upload youtube vids all night. Maybe not all night, but the time that im trying to fall a sleep at the least it will.

in that case it's definitely worth it.  but I gotta ask, why not overclock then? It'll render faster that way...  but then again if you have all night... 

another thing you can do since you have all night is configure a power setting that will only use a certain % of cpu power.  You'll have to play around with it a bit to see how high you can go while still keeping the temps low enough for the cpu fan not to ramp up...  as far as gpu while rendering, I've yet to come across any software that puts enough load on a gpu to raise the temps more than a couple degree's.  But I doubt you'll want to go for this option...

Keep in mind to have a quiet watercooled system under load, you have to go for some decent overkill for rads and stuff, so that means lots of $$$

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

in that case it's definitely worth it.  but I gotta ask, why not overclock then? It'll render faster that way...  but then again if you have all night... 

another thing you can do since you have all night is configure a power setting that will only use a certain % of cpu power.  You'll have to play around with it a bit to see how high you can go while still keeping the temps low enough for the cpu fan not to ramp up...  as far as gpu while rendering, I've yet to come across any software that puts enough load on a gpu to raise the temps more than a couple degree's.  But I doubt you'll want to go for this option...

Keep in mind to have a quiet watercooled system under load, you have to go for some decent overkill for rads and stuff, so that means lots of $$$

Well, im thinking 360mm rad, adn sp120 quiet editions, maybe add another 120mm, but not sure about the other rad.

Well, im thinking 360mm rad, adn sp120 quiet editions, maybe add another 120mm, but not sure about the other rad.

at stock clocks a 360 will be enough to keep it quiet under load.  I'd suggest other fans though, Noisblocker eLoop (these can only be used in pull), Noctua NF-F12, Scythe Gentle Typhoon are all much better choices than the SP's.

You were wondering about what affect watercooling has on a graphics card, this guy explains it pretty good in this vid

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

at stock clocks a 360 will be enough to keep it quiet under load.  I'd suggest other fans though, Noisblocker eLoop (these can only be used in pull), Noctua NF-F12, Scythe Gentle Typhoon are all much better choices than the SP's.

You were wondering about what affect watercooling has on a graphics card, this guy explains it pretty good in this vid

If you want to start quoting TTL, he also said the sp120 quiet editions were quieter then the nf-f12, in his initial review, and I have seen that vid alread, its kinda what inspired me, partially, like 45% of it was that video, of the poisideon.

If you want to start quoting TTL, he also said the sp120 quiet editions were quieter then the nf-f12, in his initial review, and I have seen that vid alread, its kinda what inspired me, partially, like 45% of it was that video, of the poisideon.

thats at full rpm or maybe at a specific voltage.  when you turn them down to an rpm where they're both near silent, the Noctua's (as will the other fans I listed) will be performing better.

edit:

just a side note, just cause I agree with something someone said, doesn't mean I agree with everything that person said

thats at full rpm or maybe at a specific voltage.  when you turn them down to an rpm where they're both near silent, the Noctua's (as will the other fans I listed) will be performing better.

I was gonna take his advice and max volt all of them, I was gonna use a nzxt grid. Plus the cost of the noctua is huge, and also their ugly, if your watercooling it better look good

I was gonna take his advice and max volt all of them, I was gonna use a nzxt grid. Plus the cost of the noctua is huge, and also their ugly, if your watercooling it better look good

lol, yes, I agree they're ugly.  thats why I also suggested the other 2, both of which I think are better fans than the Noctua's, and the Noisblocker eLoops look really good. 

If you plan on max volting your fans, even with the quiet editions, your system will be nowhere near silent.  You can easily get that kinda noise level or even quieter out of an air cooled system.

WOW okay so the hydro card i saw on amazon is the normal 780, wow face palm major major face palm i thought it 780 ti, i knew something was off, hope no one else bought it thinking it was 780 ti, well neither did i, I seriously hope no one did and then blames me.

lol, yes, I agree they're ugly.  thats why I also suggested the other 2, both of which I think are better fans than the Noctua's, and the Noisblocker eLoops look really good. 

If you plan on max volting your fans, even with the quiet editions, your system will be nowhere near silent.  You can easily get that kinda noise level or even quieter out of an air cooled system.

Yeah okay, well, i think ill buy all the air compnents, and then once I see how stuff runs, gpu primarily, ill decide one wether going h100i, or custom loop, just run the stock 4770k cooler for the first bit.

WOW okay so the hydro card i saw on amazon is the normal 780, wow face palm major major face palm i thought it 780 ti, i knew something was off, hope no one else bought it thinking it was 780 ti, well neither did i, I seriously hope no one did and then blames me.

TTL said they were really silent even at 12 volts, care to clear something up i didnt understand?

get used to it, lots of thing's are "silent"

I've learned that in the computer enthusiast world, silent just means quiet...  If you don't believe me, buy one fan and see, it is not silent

I've learned that in the computer enthusiast world, silent just means quiet...  If you don't believe me, buy one fan and see, it is not silent

Well in that case, i think ill get a h100i, lower the fan speed, and lower fan speed on acx cooler. And get a 500gb ssd in stead of a 250, and leave the rest for a future, upgrade. Thanks for show me water cooling is not for me. :) I hope no one gets mad at me accidently saying the 780 ti hydro was 700 usd, while it was the 780 non ti.

H100i or wait for the dark rock 3?

H100i or wait for the dark rock 3?

sorry, I don't have experience with either... 

Since im going air, I wouldn't exactly need the 750d optimal wc stuff, but I like the 650d more, and if I go with that, in the future, some wc, can be done do it right?

Since im going air, I wouldn't exactly need the 750d optimal wc stuff, but I like the 650d more, and if I go with that, in the future, some wc, can be done do it right?

If you're considering WC in the future, I'd go with the 750D.  It may have a bunch of watercooling features, but its still a good air case.  While you can do watercooling in a 650D, it'll work much better in a 750D.

I think you mentioned that rm850 isnt that great, and i should get the ax860i, what would be the benefit, I will have eoough since im going air.

If you're considering WC in the future, I'd go with the 750D.  It may have a bunch of watercooling features, but its still a good air case.  While you can do watercooling in a 650D, it'll work much better in a 750D.

Good point 750d it is, I just can find any vids showing how bad a dvd drive will look in it, if its not to bad i can carry over my current one, and not have to get a external, do you know? Are gentle typhoons good for heat sinks, say if I got the enermax black twister, and swapped the fan on it for a gentle typhoon?

I think you mentioned that rm850 isnt that great, and i should get the ax860i, what would be the benefit, I will have eoough since im going air.

I don't have any experience with the RM series, I have the AX860i right now.  The thing I don't like about the AX860i is that at 40 degrees it turns on the fan, and the lowest speed is 40% (don't remember what it is in rpm).  And thats actually kinda loud.  I could hear it over the fan on the stock intel cpu cooler under load.  If I had to buy a replacement psu for some reason I'd get the RM1000.  Since they claim it to be silence optimized, maybe they put a quieter fan in there or it can spin at a lower rpm.  Corsair also claims the fan doesn't start till 40% power on the RM and 20% on the AX.  Although I've had the psu putting out over 300 watts (according to Corsair Link) before on mine with the fan still off.

Good point 750d it is, I just can find any vids showing how bad a dvd drive will look in it, if its not to bad i can carry over my current one, and not have to get a external, do you know?

yeah, I wouldn't go with the 750D (or any Corsair case with that style front) if I was planning on using an optical drive.