IGN tries to build a PC... Fail or Not

BasedGod

I think that, by now, we know that IGN pretty much isn't capable to build a PC properly. Wasn't there also a PC Build Guide? 

Was by far the worst I've seen, they even suck more at building PC's than I do, haha

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I think that, by now, we know that IGN pretty much isn't capable to build a PC properly. Wasn't there also a PC Build Guide? 

Was by far the worst I've seen, they even suck more at building PC's than I do, haha

I build my pc after I give them quick dip in the dishwasher, heck I build the people next door pc out in the snow

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...

Hah! 404 sides not found.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

I build my pc after I give them quick dip in the dishwasher, heck I build the people next door pc out in the snow

Is this going to be a contest on who's more stupid with building PC's? Okay! 

In my very first custom PC I forgot the Motherboard standoffs and fried my MoBo trying to turn it on. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Silly ign crew doesn't know the power of windows 8

Is this going to be a contest on who's more stupid with building PC's? Okay! 

In my very first custom PC I forgot the Motherboard standoffs and fried my MoBo trying to turn it on.

I have never fried a mobo unintentionally

I have never fried a mobo unintentionally

Well, I did :D 

is it just me or are those FPS's ridiculously low for those graphics cards?  my best guess would be that the cpu is bottlenecking it...  but I wouldn't think that it would bottlenect a 770 that bad, maybe the 780Ti...  then again its only 3.3GHz ivy...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

because it is a last generation cpu with socket 1155 and so is the motherboard

remember core i5 3550 meaning third generation

Still,WHY Z77?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I need new sides after reading the comments.

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

ahh whatever they can do what they want i dont really care, honestly it looks like they have an aerocool case as their thumbnail.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I'm not surprised from IGN but I'm not clicking on that link to give that site any more hits, I will take the OP's word for it. 

I stopped going to that site many moons ago because I feel the site overall lack integrity with what they put out.  Other than ignorance with things like this, they just seem to cater to publishers / corporations over gamers (yeah, I know, advertisement $$$ speaks)

I follow them on Facebook to see the flame wars they start.

And yah its pretty bad

Gaming Rig "Project Primitus" - AMD FX-8320 CPU, Asus M5A97 R2.0 Mobo, G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB RAM @1866 MHz, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Gigabyte Geforce GTX 760 GPU, Fractal Design Define R4 Window, Corsair CX600 PSU

Pics and my reviews for the build here - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/LvN

Peripherals - Corsair Vengeance K70 MX Red, Logitech G402,Kingston HyperX Cloud, 21" TV, Steelseries QcK Heavy Mousepad, Macbook Pro 2012 13"

Still,WHY Z77?

Yah I know you can't put it to good use with that CPU

Gaming Rig "Project Primitus" - AMD FX-8320 CPU, Asus M5A97 R2.0 Mobo, G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB RAM @1866 MHz, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Gigabyte Geforce GTX 760 GPU, Fractal Design Define R4 Window, Corsair CX600 PSU

Peripherals - Corsair Vengeance K70 MX Red, Logitech G402,Kingston HyperX Cloud, 21" TV, Steelseries QcK Heavy Mousepad, Macbook Pro 2012 13"

Its not bad but I think they should have at least gotten a 3570K and Windows 8.

Yah i know the pc itself isn't god awful( well it kinda is), just the way they worked the pricing is god awful

Anyone remember when gamespot tried this, and they ended up with some super ugly case, an sr-2 and some seriously tacky flashing ram?

Seriously people? It's just a group of people making a computer. Yes, SteamBox isn't fully released, so yes it will have Windows. They aren't Origin/Dell and can't make a custom case and build. It's just something that they did and are now giving away. SO STOP CRYING ME A RIVER about it. You talk about the specs and how bad it is but reading these posts, majority of your builds are lesser quality. What makes you so special that you think you can be a dick and get away with it...

Calm down people. It doesn't harm you in any way. You can close the thread/page and breathe easy now. It's not going to eat you.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

That CPU.. I wasn't even aware of it's existence.

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life but the sad part is the less informed among us will take IGN's machine here and build it without doing research and then when they find out that they could spend an extra bit on the processor...

Just ... all my facepalm.

That CPU.. I wasn't even aware of it's existence.

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life but the sad part is the less informed among us will take IGN's machine here and build it without doing research and then when they find out that they could spend an extra bit on the processor...

Just ... all my facepalm.

You made me facepalm.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

You made me facepalm.

Good to know.

I just think that anybody that can take IGN seriously anymore after the CoD reviews and constant CoD crap they pull is a blind fool. They have no place on the internet in my eyes.. at least as a "review and gaming" website.

If they rebranded as a terrible and uninformed advert company then sure, that would be fine with me.

Also the "presentation" skills of that guy .. that's the main thing that made me facepalm. Like seriously, that smile just ate my first born child that isn't even conceived yet.

Still,WHY Z77?

why not ? they are still a perfectly valid choice  and are only a year old 

destop cpus dont become obsolete for years, peope are still running an athalon black  or building computer with them and those are 5 year old cpus

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

why not ? they are still a perfectly valid choice  and are only a year old 

destop cpus dont become obsolete for years, peope are still running an athalon black  or building computer with them and those are 5 year old cpus

I was talking about the chipset,not the socket.

There's no point in getting a Z77 board for that CPU,you'd be way better off with a H77 or something similar.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Well, at least they tried, rather than just endlessly perpetuating pro-console myths

I was talking about the chipset,not the socket.

There's no point in getting a Z77 board for that CPU,you'd be way better off with a H77 or something similar.

fair

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

I don't think this isn't that bad, i mean, the pc is.. But that isn't realy what matters here.

Whats happening is that IGN who are a big name for consol gamers is offering a pc.

A PC. And it will preform well, you could get more for that price but it will be a good pc.

So this way you'll maby get some ps or xbox people over to pc.

Whats wrong with that

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D