Computer lights on, won't boot

jonobang

So i was using my computer, went away to get ready for work i come back and the computer is powered off and won't reboot, the peripherals and mobo are getting power because the rgb is on, but when i hit the power button the fans momentarily spin up and then nothing, no error codes or anything. Advice? 

PC Specs-

GPU- Sapphire R9 390 Nitro | CPU- Intel Core i7-2600 3.4 GHz | RAM- 12 Gigs of DDR3 Ram | PSU- 850 W Gold rated EVGA Power Supply | Motherboard- Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | OS- Windows 10 Home

1 minute ago, jonobang said:

So i was using my computer, went away to get ready for work i come back and the computer is powered off and won't reboot, the peripherals and mobo are getting power because the rgb is on, but when i hit the power button the fans momentarily spin up and then nothing, no error codes or anything. Advice? 

Could be a short somewhere but thats very strange if u did not touch it 

Just now, xhackforeverxdx said:

Could be a short somewhere but thats very strange if u did not touch it 

Exactly i was away when it powered itself off...

PC Specs-

GPU- Sapphire R9 390 Nitro | CPU- Intel Core i7-2600 3.4 GHz | RAM- 12 Gigs of DDR3 Ram | PSU- 850 W Gold rated EVGA Power Supply | Motherboard- Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | OS- Windows 10 Home

Could be an error trying to post but it is weird that it doesn't give an error code. Have you tried turning the psu off and on?

3 minutes ago, jonobang said:

Exactly i was away when it powered itself off...

U could try removing all what u dont need to boot only letting one ram stick in and the ssd a i7 2600 should have a onboard gpu and see if it boots up if it does start putting stuff back in until it fails so u know what causing the Problem 

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Could be an error trying to post but it is weird that it doesn't give an error code. Have you tried turning the psu off and on?

Yea i did a full power reset, unplug and holding power button, all that jazz, helped it "boot" further for the first time around but still no full post or error code from mobo

PC Specs-

As an update gotta go to work so when i get back I'll try to do some more in depth maintenance. See if i can figure it out but any suggestions are helpful. 

PC Specs-

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

Could be bad ram. I would try and see if you have a bad stick or bad dim slot. 

Unlikely since it was working completely fine for months, it literally turned off while i was in the shower lol built this pc last December aaand has worked flawlessly since but i will test it regardless

PC Specs-

1 minute ago, jonobang said:

Unlikely since it was working completely fine for months, it literally turned off while i was in the shower lol built this pc last December aaand has worked flawlessly since but i will test it regardless

Things break and it is not unheard of. I have quite a few friends who have had sticks of ram go bad and they couldn't for the life of them figure out what was wrong with the computer for awhile. It's the reason why me and my friends always say if you are having a hard time identifying the issue always check the ram because it can cause a huge range of weird issues. 

16 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Things break and it is not unheard of. I have quite a few friends who have had sticks of ram go bad and they couldn't for the life of them figure out what was wrong with the computer for awhile. It's the reason why me and my friends always say if you are having a hard time identifying the issue always check the ram because it can cause a huge range of weird issues. 

Agreed, had RAM brick a Windows install before and couldn't for the life of me firgure it out. Broke the Windows boot loader and wouldn't load into Linux.

So just tried out both ram sticks, one then the other on their own, nothing, tried no ram, nothing. Tried running off integrated graphics, nothing. Mobo lights are on though...?

20190806_222645.jpg

PC Specs-

So i think it might be a bricked psu, turned it on its side aaand check to see if the fan on the psi would spin up, nothing. Will check some other stuff but what do you guys think

PC Specs-

Tested the psu, it works, tested it with only mobo and cpu plugged in, whole computer booted up. Plugged in the sata, the issue cropped up again. So it's definitely the ssd, any fixes that you guys know of? It's not a old ssd, about half a year old Samsung evo 860 1tb.

PC Specs-