Low Budget CPU's that are great for rendering/gaming?

Hey I was wondering what CPU's would be great for gaming and rendering videos (and editing) for like under 120 dollars? I've currently got an FM2 (not plus) motherboard and I don't really want to change it unless it's completely necessary (the computer is pre-built, it kinda sucks but whatever). 

If there are any at all let me know. I've currently got an A8-5500 and it is LOUD and it takes FOREVER to render videos. It also for some reason won't let me livestream (but that's another problem to be answered for another time). 

PS: The heat-sink is kinda dusty at the moment, so in order to clean it out, should I just buy a regular air can to blow the dust out? 

You can get an 8320 from microcenter for $99 right now,

You people always do this. I don't have one near me, and not only that, they don't do online orders for most CPU's. 

You people always do this. I don't have one near me, and not only that, they don't do online orders for most CPU's. 

You might be able to go to tigerdirect and do the pricematch session with the 8320 from microcenter?

Diamond 5 in League :)

You might be able to go to tigerdirect and do the pricematch session with the 8320 from microcenter?

What's that? (Not the site, the other thing you said)

What's that? (Not the site, the other thing you said)

Okay, if you put the 8320 into your cart and you look around, you should find a pricematch button, it starts a session and you have to fill out a couple things.

Diamond 5 in League :)

Okay, if you put the 8320 into your cart and you look around, you should find a pricematch button, it starts a session and you have to fill out a couple things.

Ah ok, that's interesting, though I don't know how long the 8320 will be on sale like that at MC so I probably won't be able to do that anytime soon. Any other ones that usually stay the same price? 

Jackson why can't you buy it online?? i bought my 4930k online :) best buy ever 

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

Jackson why can't you buy it online?? i bought my 4930k online :) best buy ever 

I can buy things online. I can't buy them from Microcenter because all the CPU's are IN STORE PICK UPS. 

I can buy things online. I can't buy them from Microcenter because all the CPU's are IN STORE PICK UPS. 

fair enough, *Cough* NCIX , NewEgg.

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

fair enough, *Cough* NCIX , NewEgg.

I know that. -___- If you read the other posts I talk about TigerDirect. I'm talking about pricing and I wanted a CPU that I can still used with this motherboard. 

Just buy a used one and use the rest of your remaining budget for a cooler.

I have no idea what CPU you should get. But didn't you say that you have a n FM2 motherboard? 8320 is a AM3+ CPU... Pretty sure they don't fit.

FX6300/FX8320. 

I have the latter clocked at 4.8GHz and for what I paid for it (£105) I'm VERY happy with it.

i agree with him it fits your needs on the right price  :)

Processor: Intel Core i7 4930k Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Gene Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400Mhz* Cooling: H100i & Antec 920

SSD: Corsair GT 120GB Graphics Card: Asus GTX670* (waiting on maxwell ;)) Case: Aurora Velocity PSU: Antec Earthwatts 650w 80+ Platinum

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Monitor: 24" BenQ RL2450HT  http://valid.canardpc.com/l7h5ft Nokia Lumia 1020  :D 

FX6300/8320

best bet.

if your budget is stupid low, you can get a phenom II x4 965 BE for $80 on newegg, it's not as fast as the 6300 or 8320, but it's still a beast chip (especially at 4 Ghz)

FX 8320+Gigabyte 990A-UD3. You'll be happy.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

I know that. -___- If you read the other posts I talk about TigerDirect. I'm talking about pricing and I wanted a CPU that I can still used with this motherboard. 

you can't get anything high than a quad core amd on your current board and they are all going to be slow for rendering. you will have to move to another board and cpu to get a faster cpu that can render at even 1/2 real time speeds. on am3+ there are 6 and 8 core cpu's that will improve your rendering speeds by 30-70%.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

If you are on a strict budget , and cannot purchase a new motherboard I would go for the 6800K. Sure it isn't the best money can buy, but you can play most games at mediumish settings, and get some decent overclocks with it.  Now, if you can get the funds to get a new motherboard and CPU I would definitely go with an 8320.

"Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey".... Yeah

-The Doctor

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea what CPU you should get. But didn't you say that you have a n FM2 motherboard? 8320 is a AM3+ CPU... Pretty sure they don't fit.

My point. 

The AMD A10-6790K seems to be the cpu that is within your budget: http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/amd_richland_a10_6790k_review,1.html

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/amd-cpu-ad679kwohlbox

Its not bad for gaming but I think you would have to tone down the res/settings to be able to play them. Not an expert in rendering so not sure how much the time difference is between those FPS results.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

• 2 weeks later...

The AMD A10-6790K seems to be the cpu that is within your budget: http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/amd_richland_a10_6790k_review,1.html

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/amd-cpu-ad679kwohlbox

Its not bad for gaming but I think you would have to tone down the res/settings to be able to play them. Not an expert in rendering so not sure how much the time difference is between those FPS results.

Well I won't be using the APU. I'll be using the CPU with a dedicated GPU.