Hyper X cloud 2 no sound out of right ear

Go to solution Solved by Spuriae,

It's almost 100% the cable if fidgeting with it made it work again. The "easiest" repair is most likely to remove the current cable and route a new one through the cable opening, soldering the wires to the appropriate pads as described in this mod.

If you have the parts you may instead want to attempt a removable cable mod to prevent this sort of failure from happening again.

So i'm not getting any sound out of my right side as it says. At first if i toyed with the cable (the one between both the earcups), it would be fixed, but now it's literally not happening anymore. So I took everything apart. Now, there's two wires to complete the circuit soldered to the pcb of the right earcup. If i touch that part in the pcb, i can feel shock which means the circuit is complete. Does this mean my speaker is gone? or can it just be the wire in between because it'd work if i toyed with it, as mentioned before. Anyway, any help to fix it would be greatly appreciated. Can't send it to rma because bought from faaaaar away. btw left earcup is working perfectly fine.

It's almost 100% the cable if fidgeting with it made it work again. The "easiest" repair is most likely to remove the current cable and route a new one through the cable opening, soldering the wires to the appropriate pads as described in this mod.

If you have the parts you may instead want to attempt a removable cable mod to prevent this sort of failure from happening again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 9:57 PM, Nimrodor said:

took me a few days to get it done myself, and it was actually the cable. works great now, thanks :D