Help please

amplify420

So I am traveling with a cpu, ram and a graphics card on a plane and I need some tips on how to package them in my suitcase. I still have the full packages of the components. Thank you

If they're in the retail boxes they should be fine just packed at the center with clothes around them.

Are they in some build or as parts? As parts you can use original foam and wrap them in clothes.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just put them in the original foam and put them with clothes around. I immigrated with a whole motherboard and gpu and had no issues. 

Also ask the baggage people to put  a fragile tag on your suitcase, they will happily do that for free.

2 minutes ago, Lipe123 said:

Just put them in the original foam and put them with clothes around. I immigrated with a whole motherboard and gpu and had no issues. 

Also ask the baggage people to put  a fragile tag on your suitcase, they will happily do that for free.

If you put a fragile sticker on a suitcase that looks like its just filled with clothes than its far more likely to get stomped by baggage people who think you're being entitled. Sad but true

3 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

If you put a fragile sticker on a suitcase that looks like its just filled with clothes than its far more likely to get stomped by baggage people who think you're being entitled. Sad but true

proof?

I've had lots of international flights and whenever we bring back bottles of wine we get them to put those stickers on. Our bags are unloaded in a separate area and we've never seen any damage to the bags.

Also you can opt into insurance on your items, if your bag does get stomped on then the airline can buy you a new computer :) 

2 minutes ago, Lipe123 said:

proof?

I've had lots of international flights and whenever we bring back bottles of wine we get them to put those stickers on. Our bags are unloaded in a separate area and we've never seen any damage to the bags.

Also you can opt into insurance on your items, if your bag does get stomped on then the airline can buy you a new computer :) 

My only proof is having almost an entire side of my family working in the aviation business for 2 generations. Some mechanics, some baggage handlers, some pilots etc. Ive just heard far to many stories from them about this stuff. Also if you want you can did around on youtube a bit and find many examples of video to back it up. Im glad to hear you've never had an issue, and I assume different airports have different standards/better staff. Insurance would certainly be a recommended thing when dealing with computer parts in checked baggage imo.