I need some help with my Evolv x fan hub.

pigman1961

This is my first build in 10 years and I've missed a lot. I thought my 800d would be my last case, but I was wrong. The whole rgb and pwm stuff has me confused.

This is my new build:

Ryzen 7 3700x

Asrock x570 Taichi

Corsair Vengeance pro 3600 ddr4

I plan on getting a 5700xt non-reference when they are released

Corsair rm850i

Corsair H150i pro Exhaust out the top w/3 Deepcool argb and 3 deepcool argb intake in the front 1 140 Deepcool argb exhaust out the back.

I plan on plugging all the argb into a xspc 8 way argb hub and that into a argb header on the motherboard.

I'm just not too sure how to use the Evolv x fan hub to power the fans so I can control the rpm of all the fans I've ordered 2 3way pwm splitters. Do I plug a 4 pin cable into the white pwm and connect that into a 4 pin pwm header on the motherboard and then plug each splitter into the black 4 pin on the hub and route each cable off the splitter to a fan?

Thanks for the help

i'm not sure how the shift x's fan hub works, but i helped a friend build a PC earlier this week with a built in fan hub. The way it worked was you plugged all of the fans into the fan hub and it had one 3 or 4 pin that connected to the motherboard's cpu fan header. It also received supplemental power from a sata power connector. 

The evolv x has one white 3/4 pin hub that says it will send rpm info to the motherboard.  It also 4 black 4 pin and 3 black 3 pin on the hub

I have a P600S which has identical internals to the Evolv X. My 3 front 140mm Corsair ML fans are plugged into the fan hub at the top and the 4 pin PWM cable from the hub itself is connected to my MoBo. I've left my 2 top and 1 rear exhaust fans separately connected into my board so I can apply different RPM %s from the front hub which all run at the same speed.

As the other poster noted make sure you have also connected SATA power to the hub.

Intel i7-9700k | Noctua NH-U12A | MSI MEG Z390 ACE | 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming | Corsair RM750x | Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB M.2 / 860 Evo 1TB / 2x Intel 730 480 GB | Phanteks P600S | ASUS ROG Swift 278Q