Apparent performance increase in bf4

Kyle Waitforit Gorter

Although the mantle API is solely for AMD cards atm, I somehow feel an apparent increase after the jan 30 update. I notice I have less stuttering. Note that I'm using an nvidia card and mantle is not even ever so slightly enabled. But that is just about it added that I get about ten to twenty frames more. Is it just me or do you guys feel it too?

Using Tapatalk

pics or it didn't happen.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I dunno man. I have to do a thorough test to see if the problem is me just wanting to test out mantle so badly that it may seem like a placebo effect. Or I'm just playing in a low player count server (which I definitely still think it's not the case since I remember how stuttery it was). Or I took out one card from the three gpus and it's the problem with tri sli configuration with bf4.

Using Tapatalk

Zero FPS drops for me now. Played a few hours and it's a lot better than before the update ( for me at least )

Nice. If that's the case. If it really is the case of the game optimized so much further, then three GTX 670s would just dominate at ultra 150 resolution scale eh?!?

Using Tapatalk

I think it was a just a general patch that also included mantle, so it could have fixed some stuttering issues. AFAIK they also buffed the DMRs.

Haven't really noticed it on permornace. I have to do some testing with "Thread.MaxProcessorCount" to see if it actually does something.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Although the mantle API is solely for AMD cards atm, I somehow feel an apparent increase after the jan 30 update. I notice I have less stuttering. Note that I'm using an nvidia card and mantle is not even ever so slightly enabled. But that is just about it added that I get about ten to twenty frames more. Is it just me or do you guys feel it too?

So you don't have a AMD card, but you noticed performance increase. Impossible. Placebo or there was actually more in the Battlefield 4 update than enabling Mantle.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

I have

I think it was a just a general patch that also included mantle, so it could have fixed some stuttering issues. AFAIK they also buffed the DMRs.

Yeah, they behaved like medieval guns with more precision.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I have

Yeah, they behaved like medieval guns with more precision.

Ok, so the prolem with mine was that BF4 just wasnt that optimised yet for 3 way sli. I found out that taking one card out had a much better performance hit. NO MORE STUTTERING YAY! How do YOU mean you have seen an increase with the software update. I cant defrinciate the the performance with dual SLI now since that was a long time ago since i did it.

Using Tapatalk

I was able to up my settings from mostly high to mostly ultra and still hold a solid 60FPS. No drops, not even a flicker of 59. Game felt much smoother over all. I can't say that it has anything to do with the latest update though because I haven't played in about a month. Still, great to see they're still working on it. 

Enabled tile-based compute shader lighting optimization on Nvidia for improved GPU performance (already active on AMD GPUs)

Improved performance with rendering and spotlights for all GPUs, primarily in in-door environments.

You can find this in patch notes.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

My SLI 80-90% usage disagrees

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //