What motherboard do i get

Sometime in the near future i am thinking of getting a new motherboard so i can have more ram (my motherboard only supports 8 gigs of ram) When i get the new motherboard i will likely be switching procesors from intel to amd i would like to get the Ryzen 3700x. Currently i have the intel i7 7700. When i get my new motherboard do i need an AMD chipset or does that not matter. Also do you have any recommendations for motherboards under 225$?

Also if it helps i have the MSI B250M Bazooka

Yeah your motherboard and CPU you have right now supports more than 8gb. I'd upgrade that instead of getting a new motherboard/cpu

49 minutes ago, mcsniperftw said:

When i get my new motherboard do i need an AMD chipset or does that not matter

That isn't really how it works now, the chipset is (from the modern sampling I've seen) always Intel for an Intel board and AMD for an AMD board, the whole idea of a separate Nvidia southbridge died off in favor of more tight integration with the CPU handling chipset duties (or a nearby smaller chip designed by the CPU maker that uses low power; so they don't have to outsource to a 3rd party chipset maker).

So for choosing an AMD board it's best to pick one based on other more relevant concerns like having good VRMs and feature support.

If you were wanting all the new X570 features like PCIe Gen 4.0 and good overclocking headroom, I'd look at this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Ft6qqs/asrock-x570-steel-legend-atx-am4-motherboard-x570-steel-legend

Or if you just want a good platform value that isn't X570-priced, can't go wrong with Tomahawk:
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Hy97YJ/msi-b450-tomahawk-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-tomahawk