Which PSU should I get for my setup?

yo_simon

Hello,

at the moment I only have the Be Quiet System Power 8 with 400 watts. Everything is working fine but I guess it may be to weak and I don't want to risk to toast my hw.

So I want to upgrade to a better PSU because I want it to be future ready when I get a new GFX card in the next few months and upgrade to a Liquid cooler https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-classic-rgb-p360. So it would be the pump and 3 additionally fans which need power.

At the moment I am using the Ryzen 7 3700X with an MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC mb. My graphics card is a 6GB GTX 1060. Other than that I am using a normal SSD and a 1 tb hard drive.

Which PSUs would you recommend to me? So far I found two for about the same price. Are they any good or are there better alternatives for around the same price? (100-120€ or so)

PSU1: https://geizhals.eu/seasonic-focus-plus-platinum-750w-atx-2-4-ssr-750px-a1658754.html

PSU2: https://geizhals.eu/corsair-rmx-white-series-rm750x-2018-cp-9020187-eu-a1894693.html

TIA

RMX in my opinion, Biot more silent and the white looks fresh.

But both are decent units!

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Where does the "risk to toast your hw" come from?

Your current PC consumes around 230W at heavy load. When you decide which graphics card you'll buy in a few months, then you'll see how much power and connectors you exactly need.

It will be the RTX 2070 or 2060 Super most probably. Unless there is coming out a new generation before april (I am waiting for Cyberpunk and want to play it on Ultra) which is very unlikely because they just released the super ones, I guess? I don't want to get an AMD graphics card tho.

1 minute ago, yo_simon said:

It will be the RTX 2070 or 2060 Super most probably. Unless there is coming out a new generation which is very unlickely because they just released the super ones, I guess? I don't want to get an AMD graphics card tho.

Why? They are faster for less $$ at this price point.

I am using some applications (V-ray, Redshift) which are only working with nVidia cards

Just now, yo_simon said:

I am using some applications (V-ray, Redshift) which are only working with nVidia cards

Oh ok roger that.