Help with upgrading of the system.

DoinkMapps

Hello, two years ago I wanted my own gaming pc and I just bought one for all of my money, without actually researching anything. This leads me to having a system where even though the computer itself costed a good sum, I am not getting very satisfactory performance. Could someone please give me some recommendations for some upgrades I could make to my system? I am also getting what I understand to be very high temperatures (as well as pretty loud fans), so a better cooling system is probably needed. I am sorry for being this clueless and this poorly thought out, I hope you are willing to point out my mistakes.

1. Budget & Location

My budget for upgrading right now is about 1000 USD, though cheaper options would also be greatly appreciated. I live in Copenhagen.

2. Aim

I am going for a gaming rig.

3. Monitors

I currently run two monitors, one is a 1080p monitor and the other is a 1440p monitor.

4. Peripherals

I don't need to buy any.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I see this as my only option, though if anyone has any other suggestions I am open to trying.

Specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-6700 Quadcore HT

Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX1080 A8G

Ram: 16GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury

Storage: Samsung Evo SSD 860 500GB and an INTEL SOLID-STATE DRIVE 660P SERIES - 256GB

Motherboard: B150-A/M.2

Power Supply: Corsair VS550 550W

Cooling Fan (only 1): Brushless CD Fan model 12025S DC12V - 0.16A

I hope this was enough information if I forgot let me know.

I have an idle temperature of about 42°on my processor and an idle temperature of about 52°C on my GPU. I am also open to case suggestions.

You're not getting satisfactory performance? Your rig is pretty good. What games do you play, and what's your performance target? Chances are a simple graphics card upgrade can go a long way.

Also, your power supply

7 minutes ago, DoinkMapps said:

Corsair VS550 550W

Not cheap as they come, but damn close, you could use a new one

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

What is the speed and timing of your RAM? The weakest link in your system is for sure the CPU, 4 cores and 8 threads is quickly doing less and less in the gaming world. Your GPU is more than fine, and will be for quite some time.

If you are invested in Intel for whatever reason, a Z390 board and 9900K will do you very well. Though, I would recommend Zen 2/Ryzen 3000 since you are upgrading your motherboard regardless.

As asked above, was this a prebuilt? Those are very prebuilt looking specs, especially that horrid cheap motherboard and PSU.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Well it was one of those sites where you could pick which parts you wanted I think. They didn't really inform me of what I should choose and such and as said I was very impatient and not very well thought out, so I think I went with the one they already had (one of the prebuilts on the website) and then upgraded some things not really knowing why. The CPU cooler is an Intel E97379-003 CPU Cooler (this one): https://www.newegg.com/p/1FR-001K-004H5  and I think the pc prebuilt one that you could start with is no longer on their website. It is 4:33 AM so im going to sleep, but I will check in again as soon as possible thank you guys for the quick responses! I also just noticed the response from you fasauceome I will answer tomorrow.

Try monitoring the temperatures, if they peak at >90 you're definitely thermal throttling, and that's probably the case since you're using the trash Intel stock cooler