Samsung CHG70 27" vs 32" ?

Gbear17

I was hoping someone could help me figure out why there is a $100 price difference between two monitors of the same model but different size (27" vs 32") when everything about the monitors seems to be the exact same with the exception of the size?

Samsung CHG70 27" ($469.99 US)
https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/27--chg70-gaming-monitor-with-quantum-dot-lc27hg70qqnxza/#specs

Samsung CHG70 32" ($599.99 US)
https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/32--chg70-gaming-monitor-with-quantum-dot-lc32hg70qqnxza/

P.S. This will be the first monitor I am purchasing and if anybody has any recommendations (or warnings) for better substitutions for the 27" ($469.99 US) I would love to hear them. :)

Thanks!

Other question:
Let's say you have a scoop of ice cream. Same taste, same size. If you're going to buy two scoops of ice cream do you wonder why it costs more? I think no. The larger the more expsensive it will be. I didn't read through the specs, but if they are the same and only the size of the monitors are different then there you have it. Bigger casing -> more plastic etc... (As far as I know)

5 minutes ago, SchnoppDog said:

Other question:
Let's say you have a scoop of ice cream. Same taste, same size. If you're going to buy two scoops of ice cream do you wonder why it costs more? I think no. The larger the more expsensive it will be. I didn't read through the specs, but if they are the same and only the size of the monitors are different then there you have it. Bigger casing -> more plastic etc... (As far as I know)

Thank you, completely reasonable response, that is what I am thinking, although I just want to make sure there isn't something else quality-wise, you know, just in case.

First time I will be buying a monitor and I just want to learn as much as possible before I do.

2 minutes ago, Gbear17 said:

First time I will be buying a monitor and I just want to learn as much as possible before I do.

That's a good thing to do. I think no one would buy a monitor without any basic knowledge.