Jaystwocents, hold my beer....

Last night, i saw @JayzTwoCents video on budget PC that doesn't suck which I thought was misleading in many ways. New PC builders will watch his video and build something that is not worth their money.

Here is something that I have made in just a matter of few minutes that can outperform his build. He says rx580 isn't necessary coz we are targeting at budget section which is hilarious.

I know there will be many haters who will come at me. And I am ready for it.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($133.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($66.95 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($59.95 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar 7K2000 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($38.87 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 580 8 GB Video Card  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Thermaltake Versa H17 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($42.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.43 @ Amazon) 
Total: $656.17
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-01 01:57 EDT-0400

not that different yours, prices do change quite a lot especially when new parts have arrived.

note that you got 240gb ssd less than his build

He bought all of his parts in a single store without shopping around. You used a prostrate picker which grabs the lowest price from around the internet. Microcenter is great for CPUs and MOBOs but some of their other stuff is over priced. 

Not entirely impossible to buy from a single vendor, but definitely putting some effort to look around (especially used for RX 580) could lower the cost by some margin

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($133.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($66.95 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Intel 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital RE 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($42.00 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 580 8 GB Video Card  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case  ($46.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($67.74 @ Amazon) 
Total: $666.65
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-01 00:58 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

1 hour ago, Sorenson said:

He bought all of his parts in a single store without shopping around. You used a prostrate picker which grabs the lowest price from around the internet. Microcenter is great for CPUs and MOBOs but some of their other stuff is over priced. 

So did I.

8 hours ago, LIENUS SEBASTIAN said:

So did I.

Wait you realize your build cost $60 more than Jayz right? He bought good price to performance options at a different vendor than you did. If you want to go after him over his price selection, go to microcenter’s website and use those prices in pc part picker. If he was shopping on amazon I’m assuming he would have chosen different parts. 

But it your point that you can get better performance in the $650 range is definitely true. 

On 8/1/2019 at 8:27 PM, Sorenson said:

Wait you realize your build cost $60 more than Jayz right? He bought good price to performance options at a different vendor than you did. If you want to go after him over his price selection, go to microcenter’s website and use those prices in pc part picker. If he was shopping on amazon I’m assuming he would have chosen different parts. 

But it your point that you can get better performance in the $650 range is definitely true. 

Nope, Jay's build costed him $660.

7 hours ago, LIENUS SEBASTIAN said:

Nope, Jay's build costed him $660.

It cost him $596.92, be bought everything from microcenter. The other prices were for references since not everyone has microcenter near them. 

C0E4B3BA-909C-4D9E-B827-A39423663968.png

4 hours ago, Sorenson said:

It is $660.42 with taxes...

Watch at 7:22

Screenshot_20190803-231204.png.c20e99bb37c4913a9196b9dc9ae138da.png

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

30 minutes ago, VEXICUS said:

It is $660.42 with taxes...

Watch at 7:22

Screenshot_20190803-231204.png.c20e99bb37c4913a9196b9dc9ae138da.png

He could have bought anything else from there whilst he was there since it takes him an hour to drive there. I don't think there is some jayztwocents type of conspiracy and he's trying to dupe everyone considering anyone can compare those prices via microcentre's own website and newegg and amazon. He probably just got something else that was convenient to him whilst he was there.

And then there is the total BS of the way taxes of Goods and Services work in the US....which is the most backwards and BS way of incorporating taxes in to price i've seen in any country i've ever been to...

Oh..the thing you want cost THIS MUCH!!! ONLY $2XX.99

but it's actually $3XX.13 

thank you.

SSeriously....how hard is it to just advertise the last price and break it down in the receipt.. and then that changing state by state. ridiculous 

11 hours ago, magicfuturealiens said:

And then there is the total BS of the way taxes of Goods and Services work in the US....which is the most backwards and BS way of incorporating taxes in to price i've seen in any country i've ever been to...

Oh..the thing you want cost THIS MUCH!!! ONLY $2XX.99

but it's actually $3XX.13 

thank you.

SSeriously....how hard is it to just advertise the last price and break it down in the receipt.. and then that changing state by state. ridiculous 

His overall build was $660 including taxes, and OPs build was also $660 including taxes. 

I guess OPs build is significantly better considering he has made a list from a single store.