My pc is either possesed or plotting to kill me at night!

Ploooopp

HI

So basically sometimes when i go to sleep my PC randomly turns on, i hear all the fans turning on and the light of my keyboard, mouse and the three monitors fill my room. What can be the cause of this? It's really annoying, because im trying to sleep the few hours im not on the actual thing. I have come to the conclusion that it's either plotting to kill me or Satan has made it his nest :/ Well i hope someone has an awnser to this. BTW i use the same outlet for all the things, the pc itself, my 3 monitors and my eletrical desk + (sometimes) my laptop charger.

Thanks

So I can put anything here?

I know the feel I have a baseball bat next to me in bed.

Wake on lan has been enabled? 

Or maybe it's the lord GabeN himslef trying to tell you that you should game more, and that sleep is for the weak.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

Is there anyone you know who might have access to your computer and is a bit techy? could be that someone is trolling you and has set it in the bios to turn on at a certain time, check your bios settings.

I know the feel I have a baseball bat next to me in bed.

I'd not do that because otherwise he'd grab it and SMASH it into your face, maybe keep the baseball bat in your hands like a teddy and cuddle with it while you're asleep?

Wake on lan has been enabled? 

Or maybe it's the lord GabeN himslef trying to tell you that you should game more, and that sleep is for the weak.

Do you know that Gaben means about the same as gift/donation here in germany? (Also a gift is a posion in germany...) 

HI

So basically sometimes when i go to sleep my PC randomly turns on, i hear all the fans turning on and the light of my keyboard, mouse and the three monitors fill my room. What can be the cause of this? It's really annoying, because im trying to sleep the few hours im not on the actual thing. I have come to the conclusion that it's either plotting to kill me or Satan has made it his nest :/ Well i hope someone has an awnser to this. BTW i use the same outlet for all the things, the pc itself, my 3 monitors and my eletrical desk + (sometimes) my laptop charger.

Thanks

Why do you turn off your pc anyway?

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

Do you know that Gaben means about the same as gift/donation here in germany? (Also a gift is a posion in germany...) 

Then I shall GabeN you my like. 

Oh and please don't drink gift...

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

It's the NSA hacking into your computer and stealing all your valuable information for them to use to plot something against you.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

A good place to start is going to the command prompt and typing powercfg /lastwake to see what was the last event that caused your computer to wake up.

There are a number of settings in the BIOS under Power Management such as "Wake on PME," "Wake on LAN," etc. Make sure they're all set to off.

Windows also loves to pre-schedule tasks like system updates, disk defrags, sending system reports to Microsoft, and so on, for the middle of the night, and sometimes it will wake the computer to do them. You can go to the Windows Task Scheduler (type "Task Scheduler" in the start menu search) and see a list of what it typically does. If you click on a particular task, you'll see several tabs below. Under the "Conditions" tab is an option called "Wake the computer to run this task." Make sure it's unchecked. For all of the tasks scheduled in the middle of the night. There could be like 60 of them, which was the way it was on one of my friends' computers. He had to go through and uncheck every one of them before it would finally stop waking up for no good reason.

#!

I also have this same problem. My computer goes to sleep then wakes back up in 10 min then goes back to sleep and wakes up later again. I never knew how to fix it so I just leave it on the entire time.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Drag out the power cable when you go to sleep.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

I also have this same problem. My computer goes to sleep then wakes back up in 10 min then goes back to sleep and wakes up later again. I never knew how to fix it so I just leave it on the entire time.

See my post above my friend, it may help you.

#!

A good place to start is going to the command prompt and typing powercfg /lastwake to see what was the last event that caused your computer to wake up.

There are a number of settings in the BIOS under Power Management such as "Wake on PME," "Wake on LAN," etc. Make sure they're all set to off.

Windows also loves to pre-schedule tasks like system updates, disk defrags, sending system reports to Microsoft, and so on, for the middle of the night, and sometimes it will wake the computer to do them. You can go to the Windows Task Scheduler (type "Task Scheduler" in the start menu search) and see a list of what it typically does. If you click on a particular task, you'll see several tabs below. Under the "Conditions" tab is an option called "Wake the computer to run this task." Make sure it's unchecked. For all of the tasks scheduled in the middle of the night. There could be like 60 of them, which was the way it was on one of my friends' computers. He had to go through and uncheck every one of them before it would finally stop waking up for no good reason.

I just did that and it says the last time it woke up was due to a "Wake Timer"

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I just did that and it says the last time it woke up was due to a "Wake Timer"

It'll either be the scheduler waking things up, or the BIOS issue, try both :)

#!

okay thank you.I'll check them out.

Spoiler

-

Okay I disabled the "Wake Timer" in the power management control panel. Hopefully this fixes the issue. ^_^

Spoiler

-

HI

Thanks

this happened to me too, but if i shut it down correctly it doesn't go on.

CPU: FX-8350, GPU: xfx radeon r9 290, RAM: corsair venegance 8gb, STORAGE; seagate barracuda 1TB hdd, SSDnow kingston 120gb, CPU COOLER: CM hyper 212 , CASE: fractal design XL, PSU: corsair CS 650w 80+ gold MOBO: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3

this happened to me too, but if i shut it down correctly it doesn't go on.

Check out the above post if you want to solve this issue. If it doesn't solve your issue, it's more than likely a PSU problem.

#!

When you turn it off, turn off the PSU at the back as well.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

It was not a psu problem, it was stupid me forgetting to turn off wake on lan in the bios. Thanks to everyone :)

So I can put anything here?