So i am thinking of a new gpu

Oakmeal

570XT, but wait for the board partners to come in. Also user benchmarks is not that nice of a comparison tool.

The 5700xt will also gain some performance over the next months with driver optimizations, since navi and RDNA is a completey new architecture.

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

4 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

The 5700xt will also gain some performance over the next months with driver optimizations, since navi and RDNA is a completey new architecture.

It’s a different architecture so there shouldn’t be the huge improvements from driver optimizations that Polaris had. This was according to interviews about the Navi architecture with AMD engineers (I don’t have the link I just remember them talking about it.) the good news is you should get better performance from the get go. 

I picked up the 2070 super and I love it. I just hit the auto overclocked in MSI Afterburner AMD crank everything to 11 at 1440p. I’m also able to get a lot of games to run 60fps+ at 4K medium-high settings depending on the game. Also DLSS is nice in games like Metro, but it’s not that good in FFXV. I personally play a lot of role playing type games so the raytracing and DLSS were an added value to me plus the added performance. If you don’t care a about RTX and want to save a buck the 5700xt isn’t that much less powerful. 

1 minute ago, Sorenson said:

It’s a different architecture so there shouldn’t be the huge improvements from driver optimizations that Polaris had. This was according to interviews about the Navi architecture with AMD engineers (I don’t have the link I just remember them talking about it.) the good news is you should get better performance from the get go. 

I picked up the 2070 super and I love it. I just hit the auto overclocked in MSI Afterburner AMD crank everything to 11 at 1440p. I’m also able to get a lot of games to run 60fps+ at 4K medium-high settings depending on the game. Also DLSS is nice in games like Metro, but it’s not that good in FFXV. I personally play a lot of role playing type games so the raytracing and DLSS were an added value to me plus the added performance. If you don’t care a about RTX and want to save a buck the 5700xt isn’t that much less powerful. 

So really either one is fine?

Just now, Sorenson said:

sure not so much like Polaris, but there will be some gains. This + gains coming form better cooling/power delivery on partner boards will make the 5700xt faster. 

Noweödays the super is a little bit faster, yes. But you won't notice the difference then. Unless you REALY WANT RTX, get the 5700xt. And in my mind RTC is not worth this price difference. Considering it doesn't run THAT nice on a 2070s

Just now, Oakmeal said:

Yea, I would personally wait until their party 5700xt’s come out if fan noise bugs you. Either way you should have a really good gaming experience. 

2 minutes ago, Oakmeal said:

To be honest yes

Simple decision:
Price/perf: AMD

RTX (in like 2 games): Nvidia

Me: AMD and some beers from the saved money :D

IMO if you get the 5700 xt, watercool it, or wait for better versions of cooling style, since the blower is kinda ass

1 minute ago, takithes said:

IMO if you get the 5700 xt, watercool it, or wait for better versions of cooling style, since the blower is kinda ass

How long until other manufactures will make other cooling solutions.

10 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

why not?

polaris/gcn4 was a different architecture than grenada/gcn2, but the R9 300 series had the same kind of driver improvements over time

so did the 200 series

and the HD 7000 series

and the HD 6000 series

etc

no reason to not expect that the 5700's will have driver improvements over time, its practically AMDs calling card, one of those things you can take for granted

So here is the link for the GN interview: 

the change comes from moving from wave 16 to wave 32. Games needed to be optimized to have the executions occur at the right time or else the GPU would be underutilized. Wave 32 should resolve that making the card better on day 1 but with less improvements over time. It should be more similar to Vega which hasn’t seen real FPS improvements besides 1% lows. This is all from my understanding, I am by no means an expert on this. I just wouldn’t buy it with the expectation that it will get faster over time.

Just now, Oakmeal said:

dont really know the dating or anything, but im guessing like maybe september if not earlier

( i was dump and already bought the XT and gonna watercool it now cause it sounds like a jetplane engine)

This would make no sense imo. You would spend $60-100 to get the card to base 2070 super levels. Just get the 2070 super if this is your plan.

Just now, takithes said:

dont really know the dating or anything, but im guessing like maybe september if not earlier

( i was dump and already bought the XT and gonna watercool it now cause it sounds like a jetplane engine)

Besides the loud noise are you happy with your product?

Just now, Sorenson said:

This would make no sense imo. You would spend $60-100 to get the card to base 2070 super levels. Just get the 2070 super if this your plan.

no, wait for the drivers 

Also why is this one appear to be better? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TFMDJK7/ref=psdc_284822_t3_B07T94Q788

This is just a reference 5700xt. Or did you mean I comparison with nvidea?

Just now, Oakmeal said:

Besides the loud noise are you happy with your product?

Well there are some kinda funky driver issues which somewhat do affect the perfomance in some games, but i think they will be fixed soon.

and well of course if i turn down the blower in some heavy games it gets REALLY hot

but im still happy with it

I’m really concerned with all of these people “driver issues” insinuating that the 5700xt will have a significant uplift in performance over time. It’s a brand new architecture so it shouldn’t be compared to Polaris improvements. When you look at the uplift in Vega performance between release day and a year later there is virtually no increase in performance. 

If the 5700xt today at stock or OC’d provides the performance you want in games then it is a good choice. If you want more performance or RTX the 2070 super is a better choice. 

2 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

I’m really concerned with all of these people “driver issues” insinuating that the 5700xt will have a significant uplift in performance over time. It’s a brand new architecture so it shouldn’t be compared to Polaris improvements. When you look at the uplift in Vega performance between release day and a year later there is virtually no increase in performance. 

If the 5700xt today at stock or OC’d provides the performance you want in games then it is a good choice. If you want more performance or RTX the 2070 super is a better choice. 

But you are pretty much spending less for something that can be just as good or better when oc that's what AMD has been known for sure 2070 S is better but if you want pretty much the same thing for lower amount then i would go with rx 5700 XT sure drivers might be a issue but with AMD catching up Nivdia is running out of ideas here Just look at the super in the first place lol.

7 minutes ago, Oakmeal said:

But you are pretty much spending less for something that can be just as good or better when oc that's what AMD has been known for sure 2070 S is better but if you want pretty much the same thing for lower amount then i would go with rx 5700 XT sure drivers might be a issue but with AMD catching up Nivdia is running out of ideas here Just look at the super in the first place lol.

I totally agree the 5700xt is a better value if you don’t care about RTX. But like I said “If the 5700xt today at stock or OC’d provides the performance you want in games then it is a good choice.” I personally don’t like the Overclock x card to get y card performance argument. You can always just overclock y card to beat the original. 

Just now, Sorenson said:

I totally agree the 5700xt is a better value if you don’t care about RTX. But like I said “If the 5700xt today at stock or OC’d provides the performance you want in games then it is a good choice.” I personally don’t like the Overclock x card to get y card performance argument. You can always just overclock y card to beat the original. 

at this point i would say Preference if you just dont like AMD or Nivdia or if you have more money then i would go with nivdia really up to us at this point nothing really is "bad" or "better" anymore if you get what i mean like there are better cards but in this situation where people can afford not a 1,500$ GPU Titan or 2080ti Etc This is where Rx 5700 Xt really does shine the most.  

And after looking at some posts and news, atleast some of the third party cooling solution for the new radeon line up should be coming mid/late august