Thoughts on Android on Nintendo Switch?

iKingRPG

I think it is pretty cool. For some background XDA Developers released a unofficial working Android 8.1 port for the switch that runs on most switches made before 2019, and doesnt touch the existing OS. Boots from a micro sd card. I think it is cool, most things are working. It is unknown if Nintendo will stop this.

Cool things that can be done:

Run tons of android apps (obviously)

Run emulators

Play games not available on Switch yet

Its basically an android tablet with no mic or camera.

I want to try this on mine, hopefully I have an older one... I personally would try Wii Emulators and NES emulators first. Plus it is like how the ROG phone has weird controller things, this is an interesting alternative.

I'm somewhat savvy on the switch hacking scene and its a pretty good time right now. There's a lot of stuff that you're finally able to do now (proper web browser, download apps, streaming) and its pretty simple to set up. As far as I know, Nintendo isn't able to stop this if you're on an unpatched switch since the exploit they use is more or less permanent barring a hardware revision (aka the new Switch Lite and future versions). Heck, I'm not even sure if they're able to find out that your switch is even booting Android since Horizon (Switch OS) never gets booted and hence doesn't collect the telemetry they need. Even if its not applicable to a ton of people, its still a pretty cool topic imo

CPU Ryzen 7 3700x | Motherboard ASUS STRIX X570-E | RAM Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz | GPU EVGA 1070 FTW DT | CaseLian-Li O11 | Storage Corsair MP600 1 TB, Adata SU800 512 GB | PSU Corsair RM850X 850W | Display(s) ASUS TUF VG27AQ, MSI MAG24C | Cooling CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 360R