What is a good internet option for Utah?

MSW Entertainment

Hey everyone, I have a question. my parents are done with having Xfinity internet with cable, and they want to find a better, cheaper option and then just have Netflix. They've asked met o look into some better options since I'm the tech guy of the family, but I know very little about it. Is there any options that you guys know about that are pretty good and not like $100 a month? Thanks. 

32 minutes ago, MagNovax said:

Hey everyone, I have a question. my parents are done with having Xfinity internet with cable, and they want to find a better, cheaper option and then just have Netflix. They've asked met o look into some better options since I'm the tech guy of the family, but I know very little about it. Is there any options that you guys know about that are pretty good and not like $100 a month? Thanks. 

Well many areas have 1 or 2 providers. If your lucky you can have more, but its just not the case every where. https://broadbandmap.fcc.gov/#/ may not 100% accurate, it was generated by the dumb fucks in DC, but it should give you an idea of who is available. 

Just be sure to keep an eye out for data caps. Because going Netflix only will use a lot of data. My family uses 700--900 Gigs a month with Netflix, Hulu and Prime. We some times be brushing up against Xfinity's 1 TB cap. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

51 minutes ago, JB780 said:

What part of the state are you in?

Ogden area

14 minutes ago, MagNovax said:

Ogden area

Have you searched for any local fiber providers?

I lived in Saratoga Springs for a few years and used Avative Fiber. It was only $50/month for 1gb up/down, but there customer service was pretty much non existent because they are so small.

I know you can get Google fiber in SLC & Provo, but you might be too far north.