How to clone HP ProtectSmart Drive?

star_pilot475

Hello all, 

I’m trying to clone a laptop hard drive over to an SSD, but I’m running into issues with it not allowing me to clone. I looked into it a bit further and found it’s because the drive is protected with HP ProtectSmart. Is there any way to bypass this so I can clone the drive like normal? 

FYI, I am using my desktop to clone the drive. The target disk I am trying to clone to is a 120GB Samsung 850 Evo. The original drive is a 1TB drive but has less than 60GB of space actually taken up. 

Thanks in advance for any responses! 

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

you could use the samsung tool to do the process, also the other ssd might have access to a acronis tool to do the process

also could try with minitool partition wizard

other than that, i would just format the hard disk, wipe the stupid partitions and have a clean start, those partitions are nothing less than a waste of space, i always wipe the hard disk of a laptop when i get it so i have complete control

Just now, goto10 said:

you could use the samsung tool to do the process, also the other ssd might have access to a acronis tool to do the process

Ok might try that. 

1 minute ago, goto10 said:

other than that, i would just format the hard disk, wipe the stupid partitions and have a clean start, those partitions are nothing less than a waste of space, i always wipe the hard disk of a laptop when i get it so i have complete control

I would do that, but there’s some stuff on this laptop I can’t replace. 

thanks for the reply! 

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin