Maximus formula v onboard sound

Hanksy

Is the onboard sound on the Maximus formula v good enough or buy a sound card

ALC 898, better than ALC 892, which is reallllly good for onboard. did your headphones cost as much as your house payment? if no, prolly dont need a card. you cant fit a card on there anyway with your quad 680s.

I just have the Razer Charcarias headset that I have had for ages and i believe i can tell that there is a headphone amp but honestly I don't have anything to compare it to anymore as my laptop completely died. I'm really interested to hear what other people that have this board think about the sound quality.

No question if you have audiophile grade acoustic equipment get a sound card. If you are using cheapy speakers or anything below a good gaming headset best i have heard were the 7H the difference is noticeable but not as clear as with high end stuff. Also if you aren't playing uncompressed audio the difference won't be as great. no matter what it's still on board sound and not a piece of dedicated audio equipment.

What audio setup are you using?

Basically all I recommend is that you buy the best ASUS Xonar sound card that you can afford.

Pretty much all onboard sound hardware is obsolete even to a $60 sound card.

An ASUS Xonar Essence STX is an amazing sound card that you can probably find for around $120 if you're "really" lucky. $150 or so usually.

P_500.jpg

Feel free to ask me for any advice, and I may ask for yours too. I'm an otaku. =)
Steam: hiddenshadow8

Cheap headphones at the moment

Cheap headphones at the moment
then buying a good sound card would be a waste if you want to get better than onboard sound while getting a good enough headset try the asus xonar xense

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi