thermal paste removal

truckerlenny
Go to solution Solved by truckerlenny,
9 hours ago, goto10 said:

95% rubbing? i didnt knew there was at so high concentration

70% is just fine, you just have to use less, so it dries faster, like it was isoprophyl

I hhave q tips so im going to dip them into the solution and gently wipe the paste away

yes, combined with a paper towel for more abrasive scrubbing it should do fine.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

You're good. High alcohol ratios are always great so water isn't left behind after it mostly evaporates.

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

yes, combined with a paper towel for more abrasive scrubbing it should do fine.

thanks

i just use industrial alcohol and toilet paper

remember that is thermal paste not radioactive material, all you have to do is clean it abit, if thermal paste is hard, those wipes will end up dried before you end cleaning, so you will just be wasting money, and time while those arrive

isoprohyl is great to remove stubborn dirt, but industrial alcohol is almost as good as that

the only real difference is that isoprophy has less water, so it evaporates alot faster

Coffee filters work great as a cloth too btw!

26 minutes ago, goto10 said:

i just use industrial alcohol and toilet paper

remember that is thermal paste not radioactive material, all you have to do is clean it abit, if thermal paste is hard, those wipes will end up dried before you end cleaning, so you will just be wasting money, and time while those arrive

isoprohyl is great to remove stubborn dirt, but industrial alcohol is almost as good as that

the only real difference is that isoprophy has less water, so it evaporates alot faster

i have to order either no matter what and about same price. the heat sink has only been on there for a month or 2

you will clean it without any liquid, should come out with just the toilet paper then!

i use also antiseptic alcohol 70% when i dont have industrial alcohol

has more water, but is on the toilet paper, it wont flow everywhere

2 hours ago, Chett_Manly said:

i already purchased some will be coming tomorrow. along with a bunch of things. lol

7 hours ago, truckerlenny said:

i already purchased some will be coming tomorrow. along with a bunch of things. lol

as i posted that i checked a couple hours later and noticed i never hit check out button for amazon which meant it wouldnt have come tomorrow with my d15s cooler. so i went to shoppers drug mart and all they had was either 95% ethnl rubbing alchol and 70 % isopropol alcohol. so i went with the 70% lol.worse thing it could do is take my i5 6500 and my ancient old asrock h170 mobo. meaning i would get another upgrade hehehe

70% is just fine, you just have to use less, so it dries faster, like it was isoprophyl

9 hours ago, goto10 said:

I hhave q tips so im going to dip them into the solution and gently wipe the paste away