VA Panel advertised as 1ms response time

Paulomatico123

I recently thought about buying a 144hz monitor, but because I don't have that much money it needed to be a cheap one. I found a monitor on Amazon(shorturl.at/irGTV) that is pretty cheap. I saw that it is an VA Panel, but it is advertised with a 1ms response time. Is it save to buy that monitor if I want to have a low response time or did they use some kind of weird testing method?

Manufacturer specified response times can be ignored. They are always cherry picked figures that dont give anywhere near a complete picture of what the panel can actually do.

For example there are monitors out their with advertised 1ms response time that actually have average response times of 3ms or 7 ms  and maximum response times of over 22ms.

if you want sharp clear moving images then TN is ur only choice, but make damn sure you find reviews that test the full range of pixel transition times along with a full range of general image quality tests (like rtings.com does)

if you want an overall good image then go for VA, but expect ghosting/blur as it has slow pixel response

if you need color accuracy, then IPS is your best bet, but they are again slow in regards to pixel response and suffer IPS glow.

There is alot more to it than just this and i recommend you do some research if you truly want to make an informed decision.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Most known metric for display response time is GTG - grey to grey. 1ms GTG is usually found on TN panels. For VA manufacturers say response time is still 1 ms but they don't say its MPRT which is not the same and monitor still has 4ms GTG response time as most VA panels.