A laptop where thinness is not a desired feature.

A laptop that is not thin, but has enough room for cooling performance and a big battery. The housing can be produced cheaply along with good feeling keyboard and mouse pad. The cosmetics dont matter as long or feels good.  I want the laptop designers to come up with a concept design and prototypes. 

6 minutes ago, Aquados said:

A laptop that is not thin, but has enough room for cooling performance and a big battery. The housing can be produced cheaply along with good feeling keyboard and mouse pad. The cosmetics dont matter as long or feels good.  I want the laptop designers to come up with a concept design and prototypes. 

Older Thinkpads already exist and are perfect, but lenovo refuses to use that design.

You can buy modified T420s and the like from China with like 7th gen CPUs in them though.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

The Vostro 3568 and 3578 may be good.

The only differences between the 3568 and the 3578 are the chipset (6th/7th gen Intel CPU vs. 8th gen Intel CPU) and the (optional) dGPU (Radeon R5 M420 vs. Radeon R5 520).

The dell Precision 7000 series is pretty much what you are describing. 

Intel 11700K - Gigabyte 3080 Ti- Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro - Sabrent Rocket NVME - Corsair 16GB DDR4

19 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

Thinkpad G40

for when you want a desktop socket 478 that supports northwood pentium 4's crammed into a laptop

Image result for thinkpad G40

and it whas glorious!

apart from the laptop mentioned above, there are some gaming laptops that cram desktop parts into a laptop formfactor, like the alienware area 51M. maybe that's something to look into?

6 hours ago, RollinLower said:

and it whas glorious!

apart from the laptop mentioned above, there are some gaming laptops that cram desktop parts into a laptop formfactor, like the alienware area 51M. maybe that's something to look into?

He wants a big battery, as in normal battery life.

Linus and Alex had reviewed such a laptop made by Dell, meant for emergencies (two hot-swappable batteries, that was awesome).