Razer Blade 15 or Thinkpad X1 Extreme

So, my semester is ending, and I need a new laptop before my new semester starts. 

I'm a Computer Science student, and am working part time as an office clerk. 

I'm currently eye-ing on the Razer Blade 15 as well as the Thinkpad. Razer Blade for the strong gaming performance and Thinkpad for the keyboard. I will be bringing the laptop out sometimes to meet with clients. 

The games I play on my laptop is just Dota and Final Fantasy XIV, and maybe some Stardew. If I were to get the Blade, I wouldnt mind getting a skin to cover the logo up. ( Gosh, why cant they just make the logo like the Mercury White ver, the glowing logo is ugly af ) 

So, how's the Razer Blade's QC lately? I read that its due to "more" people voicing out their complaints, thats why its more known that their qc is worse, but there's a lot of other brands out there thats doing worse than Razer or some sorts? I'm not sure how true is that. 

I need a laptop that looks sleek (preferably black), not gamery looking ( Razer is fine cuz after the skin, it'll look fine ), and some light gaming ( aiming for 60fps med setting at least ) 

Thanks! 

The X1 is a FAR superior product - it's MUCH more reliable, durable and build quality on both the chassis and electronics is worlds better. The Blade models are known for their poor reliability and frequent defects. Linus himself has shown that the ones he has have suffered an 80% failure rate and have been RMAed at least once.

EDIT: Basically, if a 1050 Ti is enough for you, there is literally no good reason to get the Blade. It's inferior in every way possible.

25 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

The X1 is a FAR superior product - it's MUCH more reliable, durable and build quality on both the chassis and electronics is worlds better. The Blade models are known for their poor reliability and frequent defects. Linus himself has shown that the ones he has have suffered an 80% failure rate and have been RMAed at least once.

EDIT: Basically, if a 1050 Ti is enough for you, there is literally no good reason to get the Blade. It's inferior in every way possible.

The funny thing is Linus still went for the Razer Blade Stealth in his recent video if I recall haha.. xD 

Tbh, the X1E1 is out of stock in my country ( Malaysia ), so I'm actually getting the P1 Gen 2 with T2000 instead *cough* to game *cough* 

13 hours ago, Tamago_Sushi said:

Malaysia

Hi from Malaysia

Budget in RM? Preferred max weight and min battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 hour ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Hi from Malaysia

Budget in RM? Preferred max weight and min battery life?

Budget around 9k 

Max weight would prolly be around 2kg, prefer a thin and light that can game a bit wherever I go. Battery life prefer to have at least 5 hours .

Though, do you think thinkpad is worth getting?

5 hours ago, Tamago_Sushi said:

Though, do you think thinkpad is worth getting?

X1 Extreme / P1 wins in better QC+QA (business grade) and premium warranty, but you can get higher specs for less price even in a thin and light

Here's a useful thread in case you want a thin and light gaming laptop:

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4771329

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

5 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

X1 Extreme / P1 wins in better QC+QA (business grade) and premium warranty, but you can get higher specs for less price even in a thin and light

Here's a useful thread in case you want a thin and light gaming laptop:

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4771329

Oh yeah, cuz I need the laptop in a professional working field, so I cant opt for something too gamer looking. Clients will look at me weirdly if I use a laptop that screams gamer :( 

10 hours ago, Tamago_Sushi said:

so I cant opt for something too gamer looking

there are gaming laptops without gaming look

Desktop specs:

Spoiler