is this Seasonic 550W PSU any good/reliable ?

You I Scuti

I just wanna ask you guys advice for my first pc build, should I choose Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550W or CX550 ( 2017 )

Tks you guys 

Both are fine but I'd choose the Corsair.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Both are fine but I'd choose the Corsair.

why, I have read the specs from Seasonic and It come with 80+ Gold and the Corsair is 80+ Bronze, does that matter in the long run, cuz I just use my pc for around 3-4 hrs/day just for study 

What's the difference in prices? I'd personally go for the Seasonic one (even though I've had 0 Seasonics and 2 Corsair PSU's myself), but if the Corsair one is much cheaper, go for that. 

1 minute ago, You I Scuti said:

why, I have read the specs from Seasonic and It come with 80+ Gold and the Corsair is 80+ Bronze, does that matter in the long run, cuz I just use my pc for around 3-4 hrs/day just for study 

That's just efficiency and only matters if you have a server or insanely power-hungry PC.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, Taeioum said:

What's the difference in prices? I'd personally go for the Seasonic one (even though I've had 0 Seasonics and 2 Corsair PSU's myself), but if the Corsair one is much cheaper, go for that. 

in my country, they both priced at around ~85 usd, so the Seasonic is better due to $ effiency and higher 80+ certified.. tks you

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

That's just efficiency and only matters if you have a server or insanely power-hungry PC.

I'm now in college and still saving up $ from part time job, I'm planed to get a new rx570 paired with 200ge, maybe i'll upgrade the CPU to Ryzen 5 3400G if I can .. So would you reccommand the Seasonic one ? tks you

Just now, You I Scuti said:

I'm now in college and still saving up $ from part time job, I'm planed to get a new rx570 paired with 200ge, maybe i'll upgrade the CPU to Ryzen 5 3400G if I can .. So would you reccommand the Seasonic one ? tks you

Idk, I've heard from some people that because the Seasonic is older it's worse than the Corsair, and that's basically the only reason I've recommended the Corsair.

They're both good power supplies, but assuming they're the same price, I would get the Corsair.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Idk, I've heard from some people that because the Seasonic is older it's worse than the Corsair, and that's basically the only reason I've recommended the Corsair.

They're both good power supplies, but assuming they're the same price, I would get the Corsair.

ok now I know what to choose .. tks you !

The SeaSonic Focus Plus is a higher end platform than the CX series. It's competing against Corsairs RMx models.

The Seasonic Focus Plus Gold is a much better psu than the CXM. If is fully modular. Is more efficient. And comes with a 10 year warranty which suggests just how good Seasonic (one of the best psu makers) believes the unit to be. The knock against the platform is that Seasonic has set the over power limits higher than generally used. If the Focus Plus Gold is selling for the same price as the CXM get the Focus Plus Gold.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

On 7/27/2019 at 9:30 PM, brob said:

The Seasonic Focus Plus Gold is a much better psu than the CXM. If is fully modular. Is more efficient. And comes with a 10 year warranty which suggests just how good Seasonic (one of the best psu makers) believes the unit to be. The knock against the platform is that Seasonic has set the over power limits higher than generally used. If the Focus Plus Gold is selling for the same price as the CXM get the Focus Plus Gold.

oh.. tks you for advicing me ! I just being curious about power efficiency 

is Focus Plus 550w is too much for my build ... My build is all around :

CPU : 200ge ( I'll get a Ryzen 3400G after I get a dedicated VGA )

RAM : 8gb (4x2)

Mobo: A320-S2H

GPU : Vega 3 ( I plan to get a Rx570 or the 1050ti )

Would it be too much or should I change to the Focus 450W ? Will my 550w PSU is a good choice for future upgrade ability ? 

2 minutes ago, You I Scuti said:

Would it be too much or should I change to the Focus 450W ? Will my 550w PSU is a good choice for future upgrade ability ? 

IMO, I'd opt for a 3600 over the 3400G if you're buying a dedicated graphics card.

1 minute ago, steelo said:

IMO, I'd opt for a 3600 over the 3400G if you're buying a dedicated graphics card.

tks you man .. I will saving and get it as soon as posible cuz I'm using Unity, Blender, Ps, ... so a good VGA and CPU will be needed ! 

On 7/27/2019 at 8:42 PM, 5x5 said:

The SeaSonic Focus Plus is a higher end platform than the CX series. It's competing against Corsairs RMx models.

tks you ! But I still thinking about it's price ... 80+ Gold, full modular, high quality opponent from Japan and the tier is A .. all of that for "only" around 95$ is insane - I would say .. btw tks you for advicing ... 

3 minutes ago, You I Scuti said:

tks you ! But I still thinking about it's price ... 80+ Gold, full modular, high quality opponent from Japan and the tier is A .. all of that for "only" around 95$ is insane - I would say .. btw tks you for advicing ... 

It's a normal price for this tier, no idea what you mean.

Just now, 5x5 said:

It's a normal price for this tier, no idea what you mean.

:) but tks you btw

2 hours ago, You I Scuti said:

550W should be fine for this build and the planned addition of an RX570 or GTX 1050.

The motherboard is not a great choice. Should you decide to get a more powerful cpu like the 3600, it will not be compatible. The 3400G is only compatible because it uses Zen + cores rather than Zen 2 cores of higher numbered 3xxx cpu.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

On 7/27/2019 at 10:30 AM, brob said:

The knock against the platform is that Seasonic has set the over power limits higher than generally used.

Wasn't an accident either, Seasonic designed their PSUs to only be within ATX spec under the tight OPP, and when the vega users started coming in Seasonic raised the OPP. However the Focus/Focus+ were still built only to handle the lower OPP, so i guess people with vega and updated focus will just have to see their hardware die early from large ripple...

On 7/31/2019 at 8:44 PM, brob said:

550W should be fine for this build and the planned addition of an RX570 or GTX 1050.

The motherboard is not a great choice. Should you decide to get a more powerful cpu like the 3600, it will not be compatible. The 3400G is only compatible because it uses Zen + cores rather than Zen 2 cores of higher numbered 3xxx cpu.

tks ! I now ready to buy all those parts and start build my first pc from scratch ! I'll take that 3600 advice from you ! really tks you