Ryzen 5 3600x vs Intel Core i5 9600K

Hello everyone, before everyone starts judging... Pricing of ryzen is very different in my country compared to US or UK. I was wondering which has a better price per performance ratio in india. Here ryzen and nvidia prices are insane... Ryzen 5 3600x costs a bit more than intel i5-9500k and it even requires an expensive x570 motherboard but it comes with a cooler. So can someone help me decide which would provide better performance per rupee due to very different pricing in India? 

Here's the link for both on amazon india: 

Intel i5-9600k https://www.amazon.in/Intel-Unlocked-LGA1151-Desktop-Processor/dp/B07HHLX1R8/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=i5+9600k&qid=1564121544&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Ryzen 5 3600X: https://www.amazon.in/Ryzen-3600X-Generation-Processor-Solution/dp/B07SQBFN2D/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2LMV1XM7I6QC4&keywords=ryzen+5+3600&qid=1564121557&s=gateway&sprefix=ryzen+%2Caps%2C289&sr=8-2

4 minutes ago, harvorus said:

it even requires an expensive x570 motherboard

Not necessarily, X470/B450 motherboards work too provided the BIOS has been updated to support 3rd gen Ryzens

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

i wouldn't buy a non hyperthreaded cpu now. THey may be still ok for gaming today but they already lag behind in multithreaded tasks today.

However, tomorrow (~2 years from now), you'll need threads for triple A titled games. Once the new Xbox and PS5 come out, they will be running 8c/16t ryzen CPUs. Future game engines will definitely take advantage of the additional threading...and as you know, most of the games today are console ports so we will finally be able to see this ported over to PC

i have 2 new ryzen systems, a 3600x and a 3700x , both on MSI B450 Pro Carbon ac motherboards. You don't need x570 for 3600, in fact, a 3600 (non x) + $30 tower cooler + B450 motherboard leads to a very good performance/value proposition.

Ryzen 3700x w/ Arctic Cooling 34 eSports DUO || MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC || GSkill DDR4 3200 CL14 @ 3600 16-16-16 || EVGA 2070 XC Gaming || WD Black 1T NVME, WD Black 2T 7200 rpm || EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+

1 minute ago, Tom H said:

i wouldn't buy a non hyperthreaded cpu now. THey may be still ok for gaming today but they already lag behind in multithreaded tasks today.

However, tomorrow (~2 years from now), you'll need threads for triple A titled games. Once the new Xbox and PS5 come out, they will be running 8c/16t ryzen CPUs. Future game engines will definitely take advantage of the additional threading...and as you know, most of the games today are console ports so we will finally be able to see this ported over to PC

i have 2 new ryzen systems, a 3600x and a 3700x , both on MSI B450 Pro Carbon ac motherboards. You don't need x570 for 3600, in fact, a 3600 (non x) + $30 tower cooler + B450 motherboard leads to a very good performance/value proposition.

That's really helpful tom, as I would be using this pc for the next 2-3 years...

6 minutes ago, harvorus said:

That's really helpful tom, as I would be using this pc for the next 2-3 years...

that's cool bro. Just a caution, if you are going to buy a b450/x470 motherboard for 3rd gen Ryzen, you will need to update the bios first. Look at motherboards that have bios flashback. These will allow you to flash the bios with a usb stick and no cpu installed. If you don't want to use bios flashback, AMD will also send you a free processor to update the bios, and they will even pay for the return shipping

Here is a current list:

ASRock (BIOS Flashback)

None!

ASUS (USB BIOS Flashback)

ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme

ASUS Crosshair VI Hero

ASUS Crosshair VI Hero (Wi-Fi AC)

ASUS Crosshair VII Hero

ASUS Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)

Gigabyte (Q-Flash Plus)

None!

MSI (Flash BIOS Button) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTkXunUAriE]

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

MSI B450 Tomahawk

MSI B450-A Pro

MSI B450M Bazooka Plus

MSI B450M Gaming Plus

MSI B450M Mortar

MSI B450M Mortar Titanium

MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK

MSI X370 XPower Gaming Titanium

MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC

Ryzen 3700x w/ Arctic Cooling 34 eSports DUO || MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC || GSkill DDR4 3200 CL14 @ 3600 16-16-16 || EVGA 2070 XC Gaming || WD Black 1T NVME, WD Black 2T 7200 rpm || EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 12:10 PM, Tom H said:

that's cool bro. Just a caution, if you are going to buy a b450/x470 motherboard for 3rd gen Ryzen, you will need to update the bios first. Look at motherboards that have bios flashback. These will allow you to flash the bios with a usb stick and no cpu installed. If you don't want to use bios flashback, AMD will also send you a free processor to update the bios, and they will even pay for the return shipping

Here is a current list:

ASRock (BIOS Flashback)

None!

ASUS (USB BIOS Flashback)

ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme

ASUS Crosshair VI Hero

ASUS Crosshair VI Hero (Wi-Fi AC)

ASUS Crosshair VII Hero

ASUS Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)

Gigabyte (Q-Flash Plus)

None!

MSI (Flash BIOS Button) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTkXunUAriE]

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

MSI B450 Tomahawk

MSI B450-A Pro

MSI B450M Bazooka Plus

MSI B450M Gaming Plus

MSI B450M Mortar

MSI B450M Mortar Titanium

MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK

MSI X370 XPower Gaming Titanium

MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC

Sorry for the late reply.... I don't think they'd do that in India lol... I'm quite sure of it... Here a ryzen 5 3600 mrp is around 380 dollars... ?? And I've ordered the gigabyte b450 auros ultra since it provided a ssd shield and was really cheap... Still thanks for the info buddy...!! Now i know I'll have to take it to someplace else to first upgrade the bios...