New Air Cooler

raven123

Hi guys bought a new ryzen 3600 and the stock cooler performance is bad. I seeing 45 C on idle temp. any good air cooler? or shiuld I go aio?

Idle temps don't really matter as long as load temps aren't too high and are more indicative of the system airflow and ambient temps than the cooler's capabilities. 

What are your load temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I tried running cinebench 20 and got 89 C and 10 mins of gta v I got 79 C. really need a good air cooler. Is the cooler master hyper 212 enough? I also see sime spike on my temp. It will go up to 55 C while idle and then go diwn to 45 again

5 minutes ago, raven123 said:

I tried running cinebench 20 and got 89 C and 10 mins of gta v I got 79 C. really need a good air cooler. Is the cooler master hyper 212 enough? I also see sime spike on my temp. It will go up to 55 C while idle and then go diwn to 45 again

Temps will rise and fall with load and that's normal. 

Your temps aren't very low but they're not dangerously high either. 

What case and ram are you using? Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Temps will rise and fall with load and that's normal. 

Your temps aren't very low but they're not dangerously high either. 

What case and ram are you using? Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yeah but on my previous cpu which is ryzen 1600. My temps are just 60 C while gaming. Is it maybe because there is a bump on speed? My case is coolermaster h500p mesh with stock fans. 

my budget is around $150. shopping I go to newegg or some local store.

Anyway ambient temp in my area is 30C. is air cooler good for that or should I go Aio. thx

This is currently available at my local store CM MasterAir MA620P TUF Edition. Is it a good one?

In considering this one also. Msi frozr xl. heard good reviews on amazon. and It will match my all msi build. 

7 hours ago, raven123 said:

Yeah but on my previous cpu which is ryzen 1600. My temps are just 60 C while gaming. Is it maybe because there is a bump on speed? My case is coolermaster h500p mesh with stock fans. 

my budget is around $150. shopping I go to newegg or some local store.

Anyway ambient temp in my area is 30C. is air cooler good for that or should I go Aio. thx

This is currently available at my local store CM MasterAir MA620P TUF Edition. Is it a good one?

In considering this one also. Msi frozr xl. heard good reviews on amazon. and It will match my all msi build. 

The higher temps are probably due to the more aggressive / efficient boosting on the 3600. Because of the way the boosting works, more cooling will always help.

30c is very high and idle temps are generally at least 10c higher so your idle temps seem normal.

The ambient temp doesn't make a difference for air cooling vs. AIO. The better cooler will be better. 

The MA620P performs pretty well but there are coolers with higher quality and quieter fans available. The Core Frozr XL is similar and is a good option if you really like the matching theme. What kind of prices are you looking at?

Newegg and Amazon both ship internationally. Which country are you shopping from?

50 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The higher temps are probably due to the more aggressive / efficient boosting on the 3600. Because of the way the boosting works, more cooling will always help.

30c is very high and idle temps are generally at least 10c higher so your idle temps seem normal.

The ambient temp doesn't make a difference for air cooling vs. AIO. The better cooler will be better. 

The MA620P performs pretty well but there are coolers with higher quality and quieter fans available. The Core Frozr XL is similar and is a good option if you really like the matching theme. What kind of prices are you looking at?

Newegg and Amazon both ship internationally. Which country are you shopping from?

Yeah read about that too. Sometimes my core speed will just bump to 4.1ghz at 1.4v while idle and temp will rise to 65 then will go down. What cooler Can you suggest? I have a budget of $100 to $150. Im from the Philippines

14 minutes ago, raven123 said:

Yeah read about that too. Sometimes my core speed will just bump to 4.1ghz at 1.4v while idle and temp will rise to 65 then will go down. What cooler Can you suggest? I have a budget of $100 to $150. Im from the Philippines

What kind of prices are you looking at?

The NH-U14S is a great option: https://dynaquestpc.com/products/noctua-nh-u14s-performance-cooler?_pos=11&_sid=c19b1f379&_ss=r

6 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What kind of prices are you looking at?

The NH-U14S is a great option: https://dynaquestpc.com/products/noctua-nh-u14s-performance-cooler?_pos=11&_sid=c19b1f379&_ss=r

That thing is wthin my budget range which is Php 5000 to $100. Im considering this one https://dynaquestpc.com/collections/cooling-solutions/products/noctua-nh-d15-se-am4-d-type-dual-fan.

Any thoughts?

Then Buy some corsair fans for extra cooling.

40 minutes ago, raven123 said:

That thing is wthin my budget range which is Php 5000 to $100. Im considering this one https://dynaquestpc.com/collections/cooling-solutions/products/noctua-nh-d15-se-am4-d-type-dual-fan.

Any thoughts?

Then Buy some corsair fans for extra cooling.

The NH-D15 is better and a great option if you don't mind spending more. 

The stock case fans should be plenty for cooling already. Adding more fans probably wouldn't make much of a difference in cooling unless you have a more power hungry system; for example, if you had more than one graphics card. I'd only looking into getting new fans if the current ones are too noisy or if you don't like the the way they look. 

26 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The NH-D15 is better and a great option if you don't mind spending more. 

The stock case fans should be plenty for cooling already. Adding more fans probably wouldn't make much of a difference in cooling unless you have a more power hungry system; for example, if you had more than one graphics card. I'd only looking into getting new fans if the current ones are too noisy or if you don't like the the way they look. 

I dont mid as long as it will keep my cpu cool. Ill go with the NH-D15. Thanks for your help. cheers