Hyper 212 Evo backplate issue

BillyJeanTheMarine
Go to solution Solved by Bonsai99,

Yeah here it is.

attachicon.gif2014-01-29 14.58.50.jpg

Yeah I wouldn't put the backplate over that it might break it with all of the pressure.

Hello. I've got a problem with my motherboard and the Hyper 212 Evo back plate. The board is a Biostar TH55B. There is a small component on the board in the way of the backplate that prevents it from sitting flush. 

post-35361-0-34024400-1391025068_thumb.j

Since the backplate has pads on it that appear to act as insulators, would it be ok to just place the back plate over the component? Alternatively, could I just use some plastic washers to widen the gap slightly?

Thanks.

Hello. I've got a problem with my motherboard and the Hyper 212 Evo back plate. The board is a Biostar TH55B. There is a small component on the board in the way of the backplate that prevents it from sitting flush. 

attachicon.gif20140129_144624.jpg

Since the backplate has pads on it that appear to act as insulators, would it be ok to just place the back plate over the component? Alternatively, could I just use some plastic washers to widen the gap slightly?

Thanks.

Can you highlight which component is in the way?

you can just use washers i used mine like that for 3-4 months before realizing there was a backplate

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I kinda thought so. Would a plastic washer over each hole to make the backplate clear the component be okay?

I kinda thought so. Would a plastic washer over each hole to make the backplate clear the component be okay?

Maybe, but if you bottom out the screws on the heatsink it may put too much pressure on the CPU die because of how the back plate is further back.

I would sell it and get another cooler. Something like the H55 i have, which comes with a plastic backplate.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

The actual heatsink screws for the 212 Evo socket into these threaded sockets which are the things that go through the board. Thanks for all the help, by the way.

May you give us a side shot of the backplate?

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

I just used washers. Its in and cooling well. Thanks to everyone who helped out, this is a great forum.