PSU upgrade ?

Reddox
Go to solution Solved by Vejnemojnen,

for a 9400f&1660 400w is sufficient though. IF you have for instance, great offer for BeQuiet! PurePower11 400w (those units are heavily discounted around here, the semi-modular and fixed cable versions both..)

But 450w is plenty! I'd get a better quality unit though (bitfenix Formula, WhisperM or some such)

the outervision calculator should be taken off the web. That thing is a disgrace :) 

Hi, I have a 450W PSU (corsair), and I'm wishing to pair it with a i5 9400F and a 1660, with 2 sata 7.2Krpm, 2 monitors and the basic mouse and keyboard. Is it enough or should I consider an upgrade ?

[deleted]

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

10 minutes ago, TrainFan2019 said:

You can use a psu calculator like this one: https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

It should give you a pretty good estimate.

Please don't use PSU calculators, they are terribly inaccurate.

You'll be fine with a 450W unit. Which one specifically though?

~Air Cooling Advocate~

15 minutes ago, Votivee said:

Please don't use PSU calculators, they are terribly inaccurate.

You'll be fine with a 450W unit. Which one specifically though?

That's why I came to you guys x)
So, I unfortunetly don't have my psu with me, but I can tell it's a VS450 from corsairs from the photos I have

2 minutes ago, Reddox said:

That's why I came to you guys x)
So, I unfortunetly don't have my psu with me, but I can tell it's a VS450 from corsairs from the photos I have

Does it have a grey label on it? If so it'll do fine. It's not junk, but not anything amazing either.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

for a 9400f&1660 400w is sufficient though. IF you have for instance, great offer for BeQuiet! PurePower11 400w (those units are heavily discounted around here, the semi-modular and fixed cable versions both..)

But 450w is plenty! I'd get a better quality unit though (bitfenix Formula, WhisperM or some such)

the outervision calculator should be taken off the web. That thing is a disgrace :) 

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )