Laptop rises from ~65c to ~95c when plugged in. any known fixes?

sogybritches

Whenever i use my laptop for anything and it is plugged in it rises a substantial 30c in temperature. Anyone know if there is a way to keep it from doing this? whenever im playing a game i have to unplug it to play or it overheats. sitting at ~70c(plugged in and charging) while im typing this.

PC specs below

HP Envy 17

Windows 7 64bit

Intel Core i7-2670qm cpu @ 2.20ghz

8GB RAM

Radeon TM HD 7690M XT

any info is highly appreciated!

My old laptop used to do this. All i did was install speedfan, that sorted out my problem.

It's probably the battery heating up while it's charging. Lots of batteries get warm while charging

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Whenever i use my laptop for anything and it is plugged in it rises a substantial 30c in temperature. Anyone know if there is a way to keep it from doing this? whenever im playing a game i have to unplug it to play or it overheats. sitting at ~70c(plugged in and charging) while im typing this.

PC specs below

HP Envy 17

Windows 7 64bit

Intel Core i7-2670qm cpu @ 2.20ghz

8GB RAM

Radeon TM HD 7690M XT

any info is highly appreciated!

After a google I found out this is a common issue with HP Envy 17. http://overheating-envy17.blogspot.com/2012/07/hello-if-you-own-hp-envy-17-then-you.html

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Blow out the dust from the fan vents with a compressed air can. If you know what you're doing you could open it up and replace the thermal paste. My laptop CPU was going well over 200f before I messed around with the heatsink and undervolted the CPU.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245