Best compromise laptop

I'm looking to buy a new laptop to replace my current late 2013 15" Macbook Pro ( i7,8gb ram,256gb ssd) as it's starting to get old . I've hated the Apple experience so buying another macbook is out of question. The problem is that I need to find the best compromise between battery, power and size. I need a laptop portable enough for university (15' would be ideal), with at least 6 to 8 hours of battery life and enough power to run some moba and light video-editing without struggling or the fans going bonkers (which my current MBP with integrated Iris graphics fails to do). An ethernet port and a numpad would also be great additions and a good keyboard is essential. My budget is around 2k but I can get up to 2500$. Thank you.

Where are you from? Preferred max weight in kg/lbs?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

I'm from Lebanon but I can get it shipped from US.  Around 5 lbs would be acceptable.

Is macOS a must? So you're ordering from US?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

On 7/23/2019 at 3:44 PM, Ramito1 said:

I'm looking to buy a new laptop to replace my current late 2013 15" Macbook Pro ( i7,8gb ram,256gb ssd) as it's starting to get old . I've hated the Apple experience so buying another macbook is out of question. The problem is that I need to find the best compromise between battery, power and size. I need a laptop portable enough for university (15' would be ideal), with at least 6 to 8 hours of battery life and enough power to run some moba and light video-editing without struggling or the fans going bonkers (which my current MBP with integrated Iris graphics fails to do). An ethernet port and a numpad would also be great additions and a good keyboard is essential. My budget is around 2k but I can get up to 2500$. Thank you.

I recommend you get the Dell XPS 15. IT has 7-9 hours of battery life and packs a lot of power in a sleek and thin form factor. Get it from HIDevolution and in the laptop configurator, choose "Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut + Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads" that 90 USD thermal upgrade alone decreases temps by 15C which is a must in today's laptops due to the high end CPUs powering them.

I live in Dubai and I always order from HIDevolution because of their superb quality control and customer service and best of all, they offer a HIPS service which is basically a prepaid shipping service, say for example something bad happens to your laptop, they will pay for shipping back and forth to send it to them then back to you.

I don't know if there is a Dell in Lebanon but here in Dubai, even if I buy a Dell laptop from the USA, a simple phone call to Dell is all you need to have them transfer the warranty and on-site tech support locally so you don't even have to worry about shipping the laptop back and forth should the need arise.

Alternatively, you could also take a look at the MSI GS65, this top end model with the RTX 2080 Max-Q is heavily discounted now: Custom Built MSI GS65 8SG Stealth-005 - 15.6" FHD 144Hz - i7-8750H - RTX 2080 Max-Q

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

@Ultra Male Thanks a lot for your recommendations. I've already looked into both of them and found them to be good choices for my needs. However, there's no Dell in Lebanon so that makes the warranty obsolete. I'll look further into the GS65 although I dislike its build quality.