Trojan Virus Automatically downloaded should I fac reset?

Go to solution Solved by IPickle,

Hey there. Hope you're doing well. By the sound of things, you should be okay. I know viruses can seem super scary and all. I personally think you're fine and you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Defender found it and got rid of it. I'd delete that file in your downloads folder though if it hasn't been already. MS Defender has gotten super good over the years, to the point where that is the only thing I use other than common sense. If you have any super important info, it's good practice to back it up and if you're super worried, go for the reinstall. I really don't think it's necessary though. 

Hope you have fun on Minecraft

I was downloading a texture pack for minecraft (adfly link) then some random thing pops up and it automatically downloads this "Trojan:HTML/FakeAlert.B" file.  Luckily Windows defender did catch it, also I canceled the download too and it never showed up in downloads folder. I did a full scan with windows defender nothing showed up but I am worried my PC may still have the virus somehow should I factory reset?

Windows Defender logs - 
https://imgur.com/a/8ACp87A

https://imgur.com/a/CwT68uZ

6 minutes ago, Dino guy said:

I canceled the download too and it never showed up in downloads folder. I did a full scan with windows defender nothing showed up but I am worried my PC may still have the virus somehow should I factory reset?

i dont think you have to in this case since it was caught before it was downloaded

it's good practice to format your computer once in a while though, rid of junks and stuffs

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just run a malware scan, preferably with something that's not Windows Defender just for confirmation's sake.

There's really no need to format/reinstall over malware unless it managed to cause actual damage.

A girl who loves to love.

Hey there. Hope you're doing well. By the sound of things, you should be okay. I know viruses can seem super scary and all. I personally think you're fine and you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Defender found it and got rid of it. I'd delete that file in your downloads folder though if it hasn't been already. MS Defender has gotten super good over the years, to the point where that is the only thing I use other than common sense. If you have any super important info, it's good practice to back it up and if you're super worried, go for the reinstall. I really don't think it's necessary though. 

6 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

i dont think you have to in this case since it was caught before it was downloaded

it's good practice to format your computer once in a while though, rid of junks and stuffs

Ok, well I really don't got much on my PC other than games 

3 minutes ago, IPickle said:

Nothing that important on my PC other than game accounts, and Thanks for the info

If you want to be thorough, doing the following can't hurt:

First Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then run SUPERAntiSpyware, then run AdwCleaner, then ComboFix, then Junkware Removal Tool, then RogueKillerX64, and lastly TDSSKiller. Always restart when prompted.

2 minutes ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

ComboFix

No.

Don't use ComboFix unless you know exactly what you're doing.

A girl who loves to love.

5 minutes ago, Aimi said:

No.

Don't use ComboFix unless you know exactly what you're doing.

Oh relax... It's really not that complicated, although, I don't think it even works with Windows 10. Regardless, it's not the same as using FRST64 or HiJackThis (in regards to knowing what you're doing).