New to IOS regarding of Charging tips

Arcana
Go to solution Solved by RejZoR,
22 hours ago, Arcana said:

Hello guys, New to iOS i saw that there a battery health percentage currently using iPhone X, how to conserved the battery percentage of my Phone, and how to properly charged it?, Should i go charge fully to 100% Everyday? or theres a decent proper way to charged it for long lasting battery percentage :)

Use iOS app called "BatteryAlarm". It'll start warning you at desired charge level. I keep mine at 80% and charge it when I'm around so when it's charged to 80%, it starts making a noise and I take it off my Qi charger.

Worst scenario for battery is getting battery charged up to 100% in the evening and since chargers usually do it very quickly coz people want quick charging, so battery is probably 100% charged around or before midnight and then sits for 6+ hours at 100% charge which is bad. Doing it few times is nothing, but doing this every day or every other day and it'll degrade battery faster. Same goes for low battery.

Apple will mitigate this as first vendor I've ever seen to date in iOS 13 by employing battery limiter. Phone will charge to 80% and stay that way till morning where it'll top it up last moment before you usually wake up or start using it. So it'll stay at healthy 80% through entire night and charge remaining 20% right before you wake up. It'll monitor your habits to automate this feature.

I was initially hoping it'll allow me to force limit it to 80% no matter what, but apparently I'll have to continue using BatteryAlarm app for my way of using it.

I'm not super heavy user and 80% charge usually keeps my iPhone XR running for 2 days which is pretty neat. So far I only charged it to 100% twice lol. Once when I forgot to run BatteryAlarm and once because I needed it to work as long as possible so I just let it charge to 100%.

You can also use BatteryAlarm to notify you when it hits 100% charge if you set it so, in case you want to charge it fully and then head out, without having to constantly check on it. Pretty useful app.

Hello guys, New to iOS i saw that there a battery health percentage currently using iPhone X, how to conserved the battery percentage of my Phone, and how to properly charged it?, Should i go charge fully to 100% Everyday? or theres a decent proper way to charged it for long lasting battery percentage :)

IMO: Don't worry about it. By the time your battery goes bad you'll probably be looking to upgrade to a new one anyways...

~Air Cooling Advocate~

What I do just in general is charge devices to around 80% and then stop charging them. I think it improves how long batteries last but I'm not 100% sure.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

22 hours ago, Votivee said:

IMO: Don't worry about it. By the time your battery goes bad you'll probably be looking to upgrade to a new one anyways...

21 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

What I do just in general is charge devices to around 80% and then stop charging them. I think it improves how long batteries last but I'm not 100% sure.

i see thanks alot!

22 hours ago, Arcana said:

Use iOS app called "BatteryAlarm". It'll start warning you at desired charge level. I keep mine at 80% and charge it when I'm around so when it's charged to 80%, it starts making a noise and I take it off my Qi charger.

Worst scenario for battery is getting battery charged up to 100% in the evening and since chargers usually do it very quickly coz people want quick charging, so battery is probably 100% charged around or before midnight and then sits for 6+ hours at 100% charge which is bad. Doing it few times is nothing, but doing this every day or every other day and it'll degrade battery faster. Same goes for low battery.

Apple will mitigate this as first vendor I've ever seen to date in iOS 13 by employing battery limiter. Phone will charge to 80% and stay that way till morning where it'll top it up last moment before you usually wake up or start using it. So it'll stay at healthy 80% through entire night and charge remaining 20% right before you wake up. It'll monitor your habits to automate this feature.

I was initially hoping it'll allow me to force limit it to 80% no matter what, but apparently I'll have to continue using BatteryAlarm app for my way of using it.

I'm not super heavy user and 80% charge usually keeps my iPhone XR running for 2 days which is pretty neat. So far I only charged it to 100% twice lol. Once when I forgot to run BatteryAlarm and once because I needed it to work as long as possible so I just let it charge to 100%.

You can also use BatteryAlarm to notify you when it hits 100% charge if you set it so, in case you want to charge it fully and then head out, without having to constantly check on it. Pretty useful app.

3 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Thats nice, on what percentage should i charged my phone? 20%? 30%? 40%? or it doesnt matter?

@Arcana

Worst case for battery is phone being so dead it wouldn't even turn on and having it that way for hours. It's also not good to have it go so low phone turns off by itself. I usually charge it before it drops below 30%. 30% to 80% and I get a lot of usable battery even if I hang on the phone for most of the day.

On 7/24/2019 at 12:36 AM, RejZoR said:

@Arcana

Worst case for battery is phone being so dead it wouldn't even turn on and having it that way for hours. It's also not good to have it go so low phone turns off by itself. I usually charge it before it drops below 30%. 30% to 80% and I get a lot of usable battery even if I hang on the phone for most of the day.

is this the app?, so everytime i use it, i will not minimized the app. i just leave it open?

Untitled.png

25 minutes ago, Arcana said:

is this the app?, so everytime i use it, i will not minimized the app. i just leave it open?

Untitled.png

Yes, this is the correct one. You have to leave it on the screen when charging, otherwise it won't fire up the alarm. Screen will turn off by itself, but that's fine, it'll still work. A bit weird iOS thing, but I got the hang of it and I just fire it up before throwing the phone on Qi charger.