iPhone 6s screen replacement

Hi I recently cracked my iPhone 6s’ screen and would like to buy a screen replacement. I’ve been looking at screen replacements online and I’ve decided to replace it myself. I don’t really know what makes a good screen replacement. Can somebody help me pick out a solid screen replacement for under $30? Thanks!

iphone is shit. this means replacing your screen will mean you have no fingerprint sensor. as the home button is actually linked to your phone, and can not work with another one. keep this in mind with replacing your screen, unless you take the home button off your old one and put it on the new screen. id recommend buying a new phone all together, as apple is shit. but if you want a new screen, just buy any screen on amazon. its all the same chinese stuff

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

2 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

iphone is shit. this means replacing your screen will mean you have no fingerprint sensor. as the home button is actually linked to your phone, and can not work with another one.

2 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

unless you take the home button off your old one and put it on the new screen

And just like that, a solution appeared for a non-existent problem. 

If you're not going to help the OP just save everyone the hassle and just don't say anything. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

25 minutes ago, emerald_piggy said:

I don’t really know what makes a good screen replacement.

Anything you are going to be able to get for $30 or less are all going to be cheap knockoff screens that will very in quality, touch responsiveness, and 3D Touch. There is really no good way to reliably source non official screens. 

Just pick one with the highest reviews. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Import displays are pretty hit or miss. No telling what you'll get sometimes. I've had OEM displays I ordered that were most likely rejects as well (didn't fit properly, obvious dead pixels, etc), so even an "official" display isn't a guarantee.

If you've no experience in working with electronics (especially as small a scale as a modern phone), I would strongly recommend biting the bullet and hiring a good repair shop to do the job.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

23 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Import displays are pretty hit or miss. No telling what you'll get sometimes. I've had OEM displays I ordered that were most likely rejects as well (didn't fit properly, obvious dead pixels, etc), so even an "official" display isn't a guarantee.

If you've no experience in working with electronics (especially as small a scale as a modern phone), I would strongly recommend biting the bullet and hiring a good repair shop to do the job.

I have plenty of experience with electronics. I’ve repaired multiple laptops and built at least 5 PCs so I’m not new to fixing electronics. I was just trying to see if anyone had any experience and could give me recommendations. Thanks for your help I’ll just get something with high reviews. :)

On 7/21/2019 at 2:02 PM, LamoidZombieDog said:

iphone is shit. this means replacing your screen will mean you have no fingerprint sensor. as the home button is actually linked to your phone, and can not work with another one. keep this in mind with replacing your screen, unless you take the home button off your old one and put it on the new screen. id recommend buying a new phone all together, as apple is shit. but if you want a new screen, just buy any screen on amazon. its all the same chinese stuff

Dude #1 this is extremely biased you can’t just say all of Apple is shit. #2 my home button is fine I’m just getting a screen replacement and I already knew this. (I’ll move my home button over) #3 if you can’t be helpful don’t reply at all.

2 hours ago, emerald_piggy said:

Dude #1 this is extremely biased you can’t just say all of Apple is shit. #2 my home button is fine I’m just getting a screen replacement and I already knew this. (I’ll move my home button over) #3 if you can’t be helpful don’t reply at all.

bu96dzko.png

i did help

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

I bought a $30 replacement screen of Amazon for my 6S and haven't had any issues with it. If I were to be picky there is a slightly bigger gap between the glass and the actual LCD, but I don't notice any difference between the replacement and the original in terms of touch responsiveness or colors, and I never use 3D touch so I didn't try. However, it is true that you will have to move over your old home button assembly, and that was a bit of a chore, mostly making sure not to break it removing it from the old panel assembly. 

"Rawr XD"