Canon XA20 for 1000 euro, good deal?

So I know the XA20 from Canon is already quite of age, but it's a camera that my brother bought at 1700 euro and he basically never used it. 

I've been looking for a new camcorder to buy and 4K doesn't interest me as much as I find 1080p more than decent enough and I'mnot seeing myself spending the money for a 4K screen.

So is a XA20 Canon with a spare battery worth 1000 euro (only been used 5-10 times total)
Or is it not a good idea to buy used, or is it maybe not a good idea to buy old gear in general?

Will mostly be used for travel video's, I want good stabilisation, decent audio and a decent zoom all in one package so I fell to camcorders.
Please say if you have any recommendations! 

It’s your brothers, he should just give it to you

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Just now, Arfix said:

He paid 1750 for the camera alone without the battery and the other little things, getting it for free seems kind of unfair doesn't it? ?

True haha ?

i mean they they are still selling for €1599 so I suppose for a grand it’s a good deal yeah

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Quite a tiny sensor at about 1/2.8”. You can probably go with a dSLR for substantially cheaper with an APS-C sensor, or even an enthusiast compact with a 1" format sensor such as the Sony RX100 or Canon G7X. Benefit to the compact option is that finding a gimbal is easy and inexpensive, allowing for very smooth handheld footage.

Bear in mind however that if you require lots of zoom, then a larger sensor would hinder you more than help, though going with a small sensor loses you low light capability as well.

Fun Fact: The 1" sensor format in actuality is very slightly larger than the light sensitive portion of Super 16mm film.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…