GTA 5 - Slow asset loading on an SSD

SirJumbo

Hello!

I have a massive problem with GTA 5. Textures, sounds, nearly all assets are loading very slowly. Textures disappear or just show up as a low poly texture, sounds are messed up (fe. after I got into the car it took the game almost 30 seconds to finally give me engine sounds) and many more. It really annoys me. The game is more unplayable than when I was playing on an HDD.

My specs:

MSI H87-G43 (MS-7816)
Intel Core i5-4690 | 3,50GHz

AMD Radeon R9 380 Series
Ballistix 8GB (2x4GB) | DDR3 1600MHz

Crucial MX500 500GB

Please don't say that I should lower the settings, the game worked perfectly fine on an HDD (I was just getting freezes when I was travelling fast in-game). Now that I got an SSD I was expecting silky smooth gameplay, but FPS is all over the place. Assets go crazy. Please help.

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, SirJumbo said:

Hello!

I have a massive problem with GTA 5. Textures, sounds, nearly all assets are loading very slowly. Textures disappear or just show up as a low poly texture, sounds are messed up (fe. after I got into the car it took the game almost 30 seconds to finally give me engine sounds) and many more. It really annoys me. The game is more unplayable than when I was playing on an HDD.

My specs:

MSI H87-G43 (MS-7816)
Intel Core i5-4690 | 3,50GHz

AMD Radeon R9 380 Series
Ballistix 8GB (2x4GB) | DDR3 1600MHz

Crucial MX500 500GB

Please don't say that I should lower the settings, the game worked perfectly fine on an HDD (I was just getting freezes when I was travelling fast in-game). Now that I got an SSD I was expecting silky smooth gameplay, but FPS is all over the place. Assets go crazy. Please help.

Thanks.

get more ram. and if it ran better on a hdd than ssd you did something wrong