What type of fans and splitter?

SPiNZ

Hello friends!

I have 2 questions:

1- I have a phantek p300, and i have a noctua 1300rpm 140mm on the front and the fan that came with the case 120mm on the back, I want to put another noctuan 140mm on the front, one on top and switch the stock fan with another noctua. Im thinking the two on the front as intake and the top and back as exhaust, is it efficient? And are the fans ok, or should i get fans with good static pressure?

2- I have a msi b450m pro-vdh that only has 2 fans connectors. Is it safe to use 2 splitters to be possible to use 4 fans?

Thanks guys!

2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

You could use a fan hub like the Silverstone CPF04, it takes one PWM signal and splits it among many fans but powers them from the PSU so you can run higher power fans than you can off the board header. It feeds back only one fan speed to the board.

https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=526&area=en

It's alot more expensive. A splitter is only 3-4€ and i can't get that fanhub here in my country.

3 hours ago, SPiNZ said:

It's alot more expensive. A splitter is only 3-4€ and i can't get that fanhub here in my country.

Amazon carries it, but not in your region? That's too bad as it works great! I've got all the chassis fans and CPU fan on my mini ITX running off the same PWM signal based on CPU temp. I know the splitters are cheap but fan headers often have a max current and if you exceed it then you can burn the fan controller on the board and then that header is just dead forever.

Max fan header current varies somewhat model to model, so you'll have to look up what your board handles.

Are you referring to NF-P14S or NF-A14's?

In either case, they don't require much power and have good static pressure.

You can split the fans into the same header just fine.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

That case has pretty restricted front panel. If you need more airflow, you have to remove it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv