Odd low FPS when it should be higher

DerpPants

I have a problem with my computer that whenever i play games  I.E - Apex legends/Cod i get odd FPS drops from around 150-140 to 88-60 and the game gets stuck/stutter.

My computer components are

60Hz Samsung monitor 27"

RTX 2070 Gaming Z MSI

Intel i5 9400F

Kingston 8gb*2 RAM 2100Mhz

Corsair i100 Liquid Cooling.

MSI B360 Gaming Pro Carbon - Bios version 2.10

1 minute ago, DerpPants said:

I have a problem with my computer that whenever i play games  I.E - Apex legends/Cod i get odd FPS drops from around 150-140 to 88-60 and the game gets stuck/stutter.

My computer components are

60Hz Samsung monitor 27"

RTX 2070 Gaming Z MSI

Intel i5 9400F

Kingston 8gb*2 RAM 2100Mhz

Corsair i100 Liquid Cooling.

MSI B360 Gaming Pro Carbon - Bios version 2.10

you are running only a 12152 Speed CPU. but it SHOULD probably be fine. try doing benchmark tests on a few programs and see what you get.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Just now, LamoidZombieDog said:

you are running only a 12152 Speed CPU. but it SHOULD probably be fine. try doing benchmark tests on a few programs and see what you get.

care to explain the only 12152 Speed CPU? and i did a benchmark test of 8K video for example and im getting a steady 30fps on 8K

9 minutes ago, DerpPants said:

care to explain the only 12152 Speed CPU? and i did a benchmark test of 8K video for example and im getting a steady 30fps on 8K

the 12152 is the Speed of your CPU Comparing it against all other CPUs. with about 3K being low, but useable, 5-6 Thousand the average for a cheap prebuilt pc, 10K for a high end prebuilt pc and everything higher is normally from a custom PC or a really high end Computer.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

The framerates you mentioned are about right for a 2070:

image.png.9691140ff268fd028b8ee95fcaca5e88.png

Why are you expecting more?

52 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

the 12152 is the Speed of your CPU Comparing it against all other CPUs. with about 3K being low, but useable, 5-6 Thousand the average for a cheap prebuilt pc, 10K for a high end prebuilt pc and everything higher is normally from a custom PC or a really high end Computer.

Uhm care to say where you got that number from? I can't think of any commonly used benchmark that would score a 9400F at 12k.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

8 hours ago, Sauron said:

Uhm care to say where you got that number from? I can't think of any commonly used benchmark that would score a 9400F at 12k.

My card is MSI rtx 2070 Gaming Z that is clocked to 1950 i usually have 150-160fps but now it some times drops to 88 or even lower and the screen stutteres. i think it might be a CPU related problem. as it might bottleneck the gpu.

If you want to check for bottlenecking download HWinfo, open it in sensor mode, find gpu core load and cpu total usage stats. Then right click and click on show graph. During gameplay after some stutter/low fps happens alt tab to hwinfo and check stats. If cpu usage goes to 100% and at the same time gpu usage drops this might be a bottleneck.

But honestly I doubt it

3 hours ago, DerpPants said:

My card is MSI rtx 2070 Gaming Z that is clocked to 1950 i usually have 150-160fps but now it some times drops to 88 or even lower and the screen stutteres. i think it might be a CPU related problem. as it might bottleneck the gpu.

Not necessarily, as you can see from the graph the minimums are just around 88 fps and the average is significantly higher:

image.png.dd81fbda2a4a8131a56aa0ab134f6cfe.png

and if you're playing on maxed settings it's normal that it will be a bit lower compared to high, which is what the graph shows.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Not necessarily, as you can see from the graph the minimums are just around 88 fps and the average is significantly higher:

image.png.dd81fbda2a4a8131a56aa0ab134f6cfe.png

and if you're playing on maxed settings it's normal that it will be a bit lower compared to high, which is what the graph shows.

It drops below the 88 some times to around 40 and the screen stutteres when it hits 88 or lower. i play lots of FPS 88 is usually not cousing screen stutter

by the way i am getting new Ram the g.skill 3000Mhz will i feel any diffrence?

6 minutes ago, DerpPants said:

i am getting new Ram the g.skill 3000Mhz will i feel any diffrence?

...maybe? we don't even know if there is actually a problem here... it could also be that your storage drive is slow and sometimes the framerate dips because it has to load stuff. but generally speaking 2100mhz is pretty slow so some faster ram might help.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

20 hours ago, Sauron said:

CPUBENCHMARK

CPUBENCHMARK

link?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

That places a 28 core xeon below a 3900x and a 2700 at less than half of that score, it's completely inaccurate for any sort of comparison. Please never use that to choose a CPU. If you want a good benchmark for cpu comparisons use cinebench.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

That places a 28 core xeon below a 3900x and a 2700 at less than half of that score, it's completely inaccurate for any sort of comparison. Please never use that to choose a CPU. If you want a good benchmark for cpu comparisons use cinebench.

well Cinebench doesnt have a comparison Chart like they do. its been used by many IT Companies including mine. my company does not real with building a 28 Core XEON system every day, so i really couldnt care less about that. and yes its mostly accurate.

well Cinebench doesnt have a comparison Chart like they do.

Because those comparison charts are useless.

my company does not real with building a 28 Core XEON system every day, so i really couldnt care less about that.

That's not the point. If that's the kind of ranking you can expect then none of the numbers on display are accurate. Furthermore it's an absolutely useless metric when trying to determine whether a cpu is causing a bottleneck in a game because it depends on a bunch of factors that aren't directly related to the absolute peak performance.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Also @DerpPants I just noticed you have a 60hz monitor so you should just turn on vsync and triple buffering and any stuttering will go away. I'm not sure why you're worried about getting 90 fps when your monitor can only display 60 anyway.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

8 hours ago, DerpPants said:

It drops below the 88 some times to around 40 and the screen stutteres when it hits 88 or lower. i play lots of FPS 88 is usually not cousing screen stutter

by the way i am getting new Ram the g.skill 3000Mhz will i feel any diffrence?

you have a 60hz monitor. anything over 60fps doesn't affect you. why push for high frames when you literally cant notice it 

12 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Because those comparison charts are useless.

That's not the point. If that's the kind of ranking you can expect then none of the numbers on display are accurate. Furthermore it's an absolutely useless metric when trying to determine whether a cpu is causing a bottleneck in a game because it depends on a bunch of factors that aren't directly related to the absolute peak performance.

well good thing its not for gaming them! its to compare CPUs. thats why its called CPU COMPARISON
not Benchmark, COMPARISON

it allows me to look at my cpu, a ryzen 7 1800X, and compare it to a friends cpu, I5-4440

well good thing its not for gaming them! its to compare CPUs. thats why its called CPU COMPARISON

it allows me to look at my cpu, a ryzen 7 1800X, and compare it to a friends cpu, I5-4440

but they are based on utter bullshit . .. . 

2 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

but they are based on utter bullshit . .. . 

nope, they arent. i really dont give a fuck of what you think, if you dont like it, dont use it. it works great for COMPARISON and ive used it for years, and will continue to use it for years.

nope, they arent. i really dont give a fuck of what you think, if you dont like it, dont use it. it works great for COMPARISON and ive used it for years, and will continue to use it for years.

"I dOnt GiVe FuCk WhAt YoU tHiNk" why are you then getting so bent out of shape when you are being called on it ? let it rest. if you use it thats cool. dont push it on others tho. 

4 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

And get a meaningless result. You can use almost anything to compare things, that doesn't mean the result will be in any way relevant.

At least keep it to yourself instead of misinforming people looking for advice.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

"I dOnt GiVe FuCk WhAt YoU tHiNk" why are you then getting so bent out of shape when you are being called on it ? let it rest. if you use it thats cool. dont push it on others tho. 

the fuck is wrong with you? i didnt do shit. i said the speed of that cpu. he asked me what the number was based on and a link to the website. 

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

And get a meaningless result. You can use almost anything to compare things, that doesn't mean the result will be in any way relevant.

At least keep it to yourself instead of misinforming people looking for advice.

well its a good thing i didnt misinform anyone then. i said the cpu speed. if you just assume its from cinebench or something, thats not my fucking problem