Is it safe? 

I have a 

1. I5 3570K
  2. 16 Gigs of Ram Corsair LPX
  3. MSI Z7A-GD65 motherboard 
  4. Gigabyte HD7950
  5. Samsung 850 Evo 500 Gig
  6. 2x 1TB Seagate HDD

Ive had numerous issues with Windows 10 on this system since Windows 10 was released. Some of the issues were fixed with time and updates. HOWEVER some times my NIC driver will stop working after waking up from sleep, putting it back to sleep and waking it up again generally fixes it. I also get a graphical glitch with my mouse cursor, it becomes distorted for a time, then it just fixes it self. I figure that Im pretty much not going to see new drivers then the ones that are currently out. I recently updated my NIC drivers to the latest ones on the Intel website. Basically what I want to know, if I do update should I expect issues? Im also considering a full reinstall with 1903 as Ive had issues with updating with creators updates. 

Hell Ive even considered a new system at this point. I dont have issues with my Haswell based laptop, other than the 100% disk usage issue that crops up every once in a while. But that laptop is now tasked as my Plex server. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I am using the same motherboard and the same cpu, not a single issue on 1903. Do a clean install.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Have you tried disabling powersaving on the NIC?

I have a different system, but same generation CPU. i7 3770K + Asus Sabertooth Z77. 

I'm not having any new issues on 1903. It actually seems to have fixed an issue with all of my auxiliary monitors not working properly when coming out of sleep or hibernation. 

9 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Have you tried disabling powersaving on the NIC?

Just checked and no powersaving is enabled. The issue here is, it doesnt happen every time. Its like maybe 1 in 10 or so. 

Im going to have to backup some data and Ill try to reinstall probably next weekend. 

48 minutes ago, Levent said:

o a clean install.

This is one of the things that irks me about Windows 10. I have to treat it like Windows 98 and reinstall yearly, because of these damned creators updates. Never had this issue with XP or Windows 7 when it came to updating. 

42 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

This is one of the things that irks me about Windows 10. I have to treat it like Windows 98 and reinstall yearly, because of these damned creators updates. Never had this issue with XP or Windows 7 when it came to updating. 

So not only you installing upgrades, which are basically kind of reinstall (replaces whole windows directory), but also reinstalling it manually? Good for you. My system works like new after all upgrades without reinstall.

16 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

So not only you installing upgrades, which are basically kind of reinstall (replaces whole windows directory), but also reinstalling it manually? Good for you. My system works like new after all upgrades without reinstall.

Every creators update besides the last one I ended up having to do a full install, because it leaves me with a borked system otherwise. This is the reason I feel Windows 10 is garbage. Hell if Apple didnt have soooooo many QC issues with their machines, Id probably just get a MAC at this point. 

31 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Every creators update besides the last one I ended up having to do a full install, because it leaves me with a borked system otherwise. This is the reason I feel Windows 10 is garbage. Hell if Apple didnt have soooooo many QC issues with their machines, Id probably just get a MAC at this point. 

I upgraded about 12 computers from 1809/1803 to 1903 so far without any problems, but hey - I must be lucky. Before I made lot of upgrades too and they never broke anything (except bugs that are in 1809, but in that case clean install can't help anyway).