GTAV PC textures not rendering properly

Behemoth317

Today, I noticed that some textures in the game just do not load quickly, particularly when I am driving. Buildings suddenly pop up, some portions of the road disappear, and when I go into first person, car interiors are sometimes not loaded.

Not does this rendering issue occur in the game environment, but also in other aspects. For example, when I press the scroll wheel (or the up arrow key) to open the phone, there is a few seconds delay for the phone to open. Once it is open, and a scroll through the contacts, the images of the contact also take long to load up.

Also, in GTAOnline the playerlist sometimes does not show up as well.

I have never experienced this issue before, can someone please tell me the cause for it? I am trying to replace the parts in my PC that might be causing this.

My specs are

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2200g

GPU: GTX 1050 (2GB)

8GB RAM

2TB HDD

I found that going into Task Manager every time I launch the game, and setting "GTAV.exe" priority to high fixes this issue, but I don't want to do that every time I launch the game.

One of the main reasons I believe this issue is prominent, is because I had recently moved to another place, meaning I had to move my PC as well.

I tried my best to handle it carefully, and did not drop/harm it in any way. While moving in the car, I made sure it was covered with pillows.

For the first day, GTAV ran perfectly fine.

The next day (today) however, I wanted to move my PC a bit, because I had gotten a new keyboard. I turned it on, and after a bit, I moved it slowly, but the rubber grips on the bottom of my case made friction with my desk, causing a vibration.

I think the vibration  might have damaged one of the parts, but I am not sure.

The game runs smoothly however, it is just that textures do not render properly.

if buildings appear out of nowhere and areas of the map have no textures that is caused by cpu being busy doing something else

that or cpu os too weak but i have same cpu and i dont have the problem, i had it with a ultralow power cpu i had years ago

is windows running other tasks like updating to 1903 or epic updating fortnite? anything like that could be using cpu and causing the situation

if you are using the steam version, closecthe game, open your game library, select gta v and right click, properties, local files tab, and click verify game integrity to confirm that no file is damaged on the hard disk

are you using texture on high or ultra? with 2 gbs of vram on the gpu you must run on normal or high, not more

11 hours ago, goto10 said:

if buildings appear out of nowhere and areas of the map have no textures that is caused by cpu being busy doing something else

that or cpu os too weak but i have same cpu and i dont have the problem, i had it with a ultralow power cpu i had years ago

is windows running other tasks like updating to 1903 or epic updating fortnite? anything like that could be using cpu and causing the situation

if you are using the steam version, closecthe game, open your game library, select gta v and right click, properties, local files tab, and click verify game integrity to confirm that no file is damaged on the hard disk

are you using texture on high or ultra? with 2 gbs of vram on the gpu you must run on normal or high, not more

I used to run on ultra, then I toned it down to high. 

The problem was still there on high, so I tried it on normal.

The problem was still persistent in normal as well.

But the game was running smoothly (40-60fps) on ultra

It's been a year since I built the PC, so maybe is it time to replace the thermal paste on the CPU? I'm not sure.

12 hours ago, campy said:

Are you seeing like, low detail versions of terrain and the road sometimes?

Because thats usually an issue with load times rather than an actual bit of missing or broken content.

I had that issue when running off a 5400rpm HDD because the game couldnt load things fast enough to keep up.

So should I upgrade to a faster HDD? I'm not sure how fast mine runs.

I think its a Western Digital brand HDD.

if the cpu is running hot and cpu fan is making noise, yes, replace thermal paste, if no, leave it like that

you didnt checked it other proceses are using cpu while the game is being played, check if anything is using lots of cpu when playing

also doesnt harm to run ddu to remove the dpu drivers, then reinstall drivers

apart from textures, are you using any filtering, could you check and share what graphical settings you have there?, i have the same cpu but a weaker gpu, we could compare results, my gpu barely reaches 40 fps but i have some high settings enabled and no problem like that

did you ran the game integrity check i mentioned early?

4 minutes ago, Behemoth317 said:

So should I upgrade to a faster HDD? I'm not sure how fast mine runs.

I think its a Western Digital brand HDD.

i had the game on a hard disk, then i moved it to a nvme, i see improvement but is not dramatic, if the hard disk is used only for games and windows is no another hard disk, wont help much, if windows and the game are both on the hard disk, it will help, both for windows and for the game, one shouldnt run windows on a hard disk anymorr

21 minutes ago, goto10 said:

if the cpu is running hot and cpu fan is making noise, yes, replace thermal paste, if no, leave it like that

you didnt checked it other proceses are using cpu while the game is being played, check if anything is using lots of cpu when playing

also doesnt harm to run ddu to remove the dpu drivers, then reinstall drivers

apart from textures, are you using any filtering, could you check and share what graphical settings you have there?, i have the same cpu but a weaker gpu, we could compare results, my gpu barely reaches 40 fps but i have some high settings enabled and no problem like that

did you ran the game integrity check i mentioned early?

I noticed that some SQL server host program I was using to learn something was running in the background, and it was using about 5% of the CPU. Other than that, "GTAV Launcher" is using up 1.5%.

And yes, I verified the game integrity, and it said "All files have been validated".

I'm not sure what DDU and DPU drivers are, but I will do some research and try to reinstall my GPU drivers.

Also, my birthday is coming up on the 31st, and I might upgrade to a GTX 1660. Will that solve my problem?

Here are some screenshots I attached of my graphics settings in GTAV.

2019-07-20.png

2019-07-20 (1).png

2019-07-20 (2).png

30 minutes ago, goto10 said:

i had the game on a hard disk, then i moved it to a nvme, i see improvement but is not dramatic, if the hard disk is used only for games and windows is no another hard disk, wont help much, if windows and the game are both on the hard disk, it will help, both for windows and for the game, one shouldnt run windows on a hard disk anymorr

I only have 1 storage disc in my PC, and it's the 2TB HDD.

So far I used only 365gb of it.