Help with power supply cables!

BrokenProton
Go to solution Solved by BrokenProton,
3 hours ago, Spotty said:

Type 4 Corsair cables are the ones used by the bitfenix whisper. This would be listed on the cablemod website as compatible with Corsair RMi/RMx/RM (black label) power supplies.

@CableMod might be able to help

thank you so much

So I have the Whisper M 850W PSU by Bitfenix and I bought their Alchemy 2.0 Custom PSU cable kit, only to find out it was discontinued. (Keep in mind there are no other cable sets designed for this PSU) and I wanted to get custom braided cables for my power supply. I had heard that they have a similar pinout to that of Corsair power supplies but am scared to buy some Cablemod cables cause I don’t want to fry my PC. Cable mod doesn’t have any cables for Bitfenix PSUs so I’m in a pickle. Can someone link me to something helpful or lead me to the PSU with the same pinout so I can use Cablemod? Please and thank you. P.S I don’t want extensions, I want braided cables that hook right into my PC. Thanks

It uses the Corsair Type 4 pinout. It's what they use in their newer PSU series. 

:)

Type 4 Corsair cables are the ones used by the bitfenix whisper. This would be listed on the cablemod website as compatible with Corsair RMi/RMx/RM (black label) power supplies.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 hours ago, Spotty said:

thank you so much

@BrokenProton Are you looking at buying custom kit or buying the pre-made kits?
A pre-made kit for the RMx/RMi/RM may have a different number of cables or connectors than what your Bitfenix Whisper comes with as default. They cables will all be compatible, but you might only get 8 SATA connectors instead of 10 or something like that. Something to consider is the default PCIe cables that come with the Bitfenix Whisper are a single connector on the cable, while the default cables that come with the RMx/RMi/RM are two PCIe connectors on a single cable. Again, this doesn't make any difference in terms of compatibility and they are interchangeable, however it's just something to keep in mind depending on how you are planning on displaying your cables and whether you want single PCIe connector cables or not.

If you are buying the premade replacement kit you will have to check on the Cablemod website as to which cables and number of connectors are included in the kit and make sure they meet your requirements, as well as being the right length and having the desired amount of connectors on each cable or anything else like that.
If you're customising the cables then it doesn't matter as you can just make the cables whatever you want them to be.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

13 hours ago, Spotty said:

@BrokenProton Are you looking at buying custom kit or buying the pre-made kits?
A pre-made kit for the RMx/RMi/RM may have a different number of cables or connectors than what your Bitfenix Whisper comes with as default. They cables will all be compatible, but you might only get 8 SATA connectors instead of 10 or something like that. Something to consider is the default PCIe cables that come with the Bitfenix Whisper are a single connector on the cable, while the default cables that come with the RMx/RMi/RM are two PCIe connectors on a single cable. Again, this doesn't make any difference in terms of compatibility and they are interchangeable, however it's just something to keep in mind depending on how you are planning on displaying your cables and whether you want single PCIe connector cables or not.

If you are buying the premade replacement kit you will have to check on the Cablemod website as to which cables and number of connectors are included in the kit and make sure they meet your requirements, as well as being the right length and having the desired amount of connectors on each cable or anything else like that.
If you're customising the cables then it doesn't matter as you can just make the cables whatever you want them to be.

im doing premade but a custom order, so like 24 pin pin black+red as well as an eps, sata power, and two 8 pin pcie cables, totalling out to 120 after shipping and my coupon code

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 6:31 PM, CableMod said:

@BrokenProton @Spotty we haven't done any testing on BitFenix PSUs to confirm any compatibility on them on our end unfortunately.

you could send me some cables as a test if need be, the corsair ones that is