Thoughts on new build

Hi all,

I am planning to build a pc soon, however I have decided to buy a cheap(er) GPU which can game well for now, and upgrade to more expensive one at a later time. I have tried to make it rather future proof. I already own a 4TB HDD so thats not on the list. What do you think?

to make it more "future-proof" you may want to upgrade that power supply to one thats fully modular

Just now, Derrk said:

to make it more "future-proof" you may want to upgrade that power supply to one thats fully modular

That statement literally makes zero sense.

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

That statement literally makes zero sense.

why? OP may be limited by the connections on that psu down the line

1 minute ago, Derrk said:

Only major difference between the likes of the CXM and RMx is that the 24 pin and 8 pin are hardwired on the CXM. You get 5 SATA connectors vs 6 on the RMx. Hardly a deal breaker. If you need extra SATA then you can buy extensions.

1 hour ago, Derrk said:

Assuming that the standard changes in our lifetime: by the time the "future" requires a connector that ISN'T a 24-pin motherboard cable the semi vs fully modular thing won't matter.  It's not like Corsair will give you a new modular cable to plug into a PSU from today's market and magically make it work on the super-new 50-pin motherboard of the "future".

If you were referring to extra sata power cables those are a given on both semi and fully modular units, so that has no bearing here either.

On 7/17/2019 at 11:43 PM, Catchears said:

I'll recommend the following changes...

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€209.00 @ Alternate) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€110.13 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport AT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€78.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€64.38 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: PowerColor - Radeon RX 590 8 GB RED DRAGON Video Card  (€187.99 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: KOLINK - OBSERVATORY RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  (€69.90 @ Caseking) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (€67.89 @ Alternate) 
Total: €788.19
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-19 08:22 CEST+0200

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

I would suggest either going slightly more money (like 5 euros) for the RX 590 which is a faster card, or if this is truly a very short term card, could drop the cost to around 150 euros with an RX 570 (8GB vram still) and get a better value fps/cost ratio.

Link to RX 590 for about €179.00: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/KFzkcf/powercolor-radeon-rx-590-8-gb-red-dragon-video-card-axrx-590-8gbd5-dhd

Link to cheaper RX 570 (cost of €143.90):  https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/HT8j4D/asrock-radeon-rx-570-8-gb-phantom-gaming-d-video-card-pg-d-radeon-rx570-8g-oc