desktop screen hanging icons not working games crashing...

noyz07
Go to solution Solved by Metallus97,
1 minute ago, noyz07 said:

do u believe a fresh win10 reinstall would solve this?

YES!

If that is ok for you it will be the fastest fix ;)

Processes: Show me the autostart tab please

hi, and sorry for my English as its not my native tongue..

as you can see in the file i attached if i right click on the desktop the blue loading wheel appears and the desktop becomes irresponsible for minutes! you cant click icons, left click drag doesn't create a selection and right clicking again doesn't work and never shows the menu you're supposed to see when you right click. (the taskbar works fine tho)

games also freeze and crash after some time at random moments...

i never had this issue before, and all i changed on my computer this week were the nvidia drivers and an .ini file of a game to increase the fps (capped at 60 by default). also maybe a windows update if there was one i did not pay attention to that.

ive already tried to update nvidia drivers again, switch to studio drivers from game ready drivers and DDU to my previously installed nvidia drivers 425.31 i believe... but that solved nothing.

using msconfig and diagnostic startup the pc works fine and games do not crash (tested for only 45 min but i could reproduce crashes in the first 5-10 minutes without) but  the issues comes back when booting windows normally.. and i have no idea of what causes this as i said before besides nvidia drivers i have not installed new drivers recently... 

any idea of what i could do to fix this? some diagnostic tool to run? i am willing to try anything but a full wipe would be my last option.. thx in advance

PS: its probably not a hardware specs issue since it works in diagnostic mode but ill include them anyway

2x16gb 3200mhz ram

2080ti

ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate

win10 pro

right click icons and dragging left click not working

EDIT: i also tried reloading an older restore point (from 1 week ago)

Did you check for unnecessary background processes?

BIOS + OS up to date?
This seems like a OS issue. 

try to give your PC a nice cleanup. Uninstall unnecessary programs and let something like CCleaner run.

Edit: HDD or SSD?

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

SSD

i did update the bios a while ago because i had trouble with xmp when i built my pc it might not be the very last one but its recent 4-6 months

the OS was not up to date now that u mentioned it, and it still might not be, ive downloaded the latest version but there is a message that claims that i am running a windows version that is "about to not be supported anymore" (translated) its a legit copy too so i really dont know what to say..

the last update i can find is "2019-07 windows 10 version 1803 KB4507466" but apparently update 1903 is supposed to be out.. yet if i search for the last update it does not show that one...

ran CC cleaner as u suggested and there are surely some unnecessary background processes (screenshots included) but i cant really tell which.. and except chrome they use little to no resources, i ve removes some programs that i do not use and even changed peripherals but the issue is still there.. i really dont know that to do next.. do u believe a fresh win10 reinstall would solve this? and is there something more i can try before that?

Desktop Screenshot 2019.07.16 - 19.03.51.15.png

Desktop Screenshot 2019.07.16 - 19.04.06.66.png

Desktop Screenshot 2019.07.16 - 19.04.15.48.png

Desktop Screenshot 2019.07.16 - 19.04.23.06.png

1 minute ago, noyz07 said:

do u believe a fresh win10 reinstall would solve this?

YES!

If that is ok for you it will be the fastest fix ;)

Processes: Show me the autostart tab please

there arent many there, i am not sure what this "delayed launcher" is from intel, the one without author is the aorus engine that i use to create a custom fan curve for my gpu and "disabilitato=disabled" (i am sure u had it figured out but it doesnt hurt to make sure) :)347353010_DesktopScreenshot2019_07.16-20_30_59_57.thumb.png.db5cedcae176928d76f4259c408b68a4.png 

There is a bit of crap in there (wtf is yoloMouse) but seems fine. Well my suggestion is to reinstall Win. Or try the rollback funcition in the settings. Then you should be bale to keep your programs and shit

ok tnx, i guess i am gonna do a  rollback first and try my luck like that, and if that doesnt work then i guess i'll format and reinstall win10 ?

btw yolomouse is actually a good app, it allows you to change an in-game cursor (whether because its too small, has too little contrast or whathever )without changing any of the game files, thus its tecnically not a cheat or at least not a detectable one xD (it's like using your monitor red dot in an fps) and also many devs know about it and either dont care or have said  it was "fine" to use...

one last thing, i am 99.9% sure but i want to be 100% sure, reinstalling an SO does not change any of the bios settings right? i spent a lot of time tom get xmp to work and i do not want to go through  that again if possible..

3 minutes ago, noyz07 said:

one last thing, i am 99.9% sure but i want to be 100% sure, reinstalling an SO does not change any of the bios settings right? i spent a lot of time tom get xmp to work and i do not want to go through  that again if possible..

No those won't be changed. But to be 100% sure, many bioses support backing up configurations to a USB key. Do this to be 100000% save.

tnx a lot, i will try the rollback tomorrow and if that doesnt fix it a clean install the day after, and i will mark this issue as solved then, unless the mods decide to close this faster.. anyways thnx again ?

the rollback solved the issue with the desktop hanging, and most of the game crashes...

i might open a new thread for that issue later. just a quick question if you have time, otherwise as i said ill open a new thread later.. if games crash the pc is kinda "lagging"  (like i try to move the mouse cursor but it takes a long time to do so) and then the screen turns black almost as if there was no signal could it also be an hardware issue? and which part is more likely to cause that? gpu cpu ram ssd..? or do u still believe its an os issue in which case a full SSD formatting is needed?