Questions about my loop

So when i built my pc I didn’t add a drain port.  Well I wanna drain my system soon and I don’t know how to drain it.  It’s a soft tubing loop.  What parts do i need to get to add a drain port for future use?  How do i drain my system atm?  Should i re use the liquid that’s in there now or use fresh?  Can i mix and match different branded fittings as all my fittings right now are EKwb.  Thanks

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

Yes  you can mix and mach different fittings

Drain port parts :

Valve s-l1600.jpg

Fittingss-l1600.jpg 

And tube

Edited by LogicalDrm

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

20 minutes ago, xdeathshot20 said:

So when i built my pc I didn’t add a drain port.  Well I wanna drain my system soon and I don’t know how to drain it.  It’s a soft tubing loop.  What parts do i need to get to add a drain port for future use?  How do i drain my system atm?  Should i re use the liquid that’s in there now or use fresh?  Can i mix and match different branded fittings as all my fittings right now are EKwb.  Thanks

we need to know what your loop layout is before we can know how to drain it.

i had a loop without a drain port before in a phanteks case, and i had to drain it by getting the CPU block out of the case and then removing one of the hoses, while the whole PC was sideways.

pic related

20170812_113624.thumb.jpg.64397593c155c1bac6219c947f660466.jpg20170812_114119.thumb.jpg.145846efa293e70ddffd257e241a7b41.jpg

as for the liquid, that really depends on how old the stuff is. if you have been using it for more than 2 years i would definitely recommend changing it. anything over 1 year really is too old imo, tough some people have different opinions.

The loop is in a h700i case from nzxt.  The order goes pump/res to gpu, gpu to cpu, cpu to top rad, top rad to front rad, front rad back to pump/res

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

19 minutes ago, xdeathshot20 said:

Should i re use the liquid that’s in there now or use fresh?

Ideally start fresh.

20 minutes ago, xdeathshot20 said:

Can i mix and match different branded fittings as all my fittings right now are EKwb

Yes you can, but it's recommended to get the fittings and tubing from the same brand. Ultimately, just make sure the fittings fit the tube. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

I unmount the cpu block and take the tubes off over a bucket. Never had a drain plug.