Slow Router hops please help

Llamaiscracked

So ive been getting really high internet speeds but terrible ping i figured it was my inp but i called them and found out everything was working perfect im getting the whole 500mb speeds ect.

so i decided to dig deep finding this information image.thumb.png.7965ac33bb039f8661ef85d43efb1962.png

those ping times are 100% fine, absolutely nothing wrong there. Here is mine for comparison. What type of connection are you using? How are you testing your ping?

image.png.27b1432bf74e09e8ec1b7cb7b265635a.png

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

those ping times are 100% fine, absolutely nothing wrong there. Here is mine for comparison. What type of connection are you using? How are you testing your ping?

image.png.27b1432bf74e09e8ec1b7cb7b265635a.png

Well i use ethernet and i use speedtest.net and the ping display in fortnite i currently get 100 ping and it was happening at my last house with diffrent equipment 

The ping on the fortnite servers is going to be more server side, than you. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

6 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

The ping on the fortnite servers is going to be more server side, than you. 

well the thing is it just happened abruptly out of no where my ping was good so it cant be the distance to the server

Epic uses AWS for there servers, so try and run some tests here: https://www.cloudping.info/

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Do you have other devices on the network? Is it possible they would be eating up the bandwidth?

The ping doesn't seem too bad though.

image.png.726a4a2cc1dd43bac38fd0b90e72212f.png

Just now, scottyseng said:

Do you have other devices on the network? Is it possible they would be eating up the bandwidth?

The ping doesn't seem too bad though.

100 ping is terrible for someone living in florida

Just now, Llamaiscracked said:

100 ping is terrible for someone living in florida

What ISP do you have? and what type of internet? (Seems like cable, but I'm just guessing)

What ISP do you have? and what type of internet? (Seems like cable, but I'm just guessing)

I have spectrum and i have the 500mb package

Just now, Llamaiscracked said:

I have spectrum and i have the 500mb package

You might log into your modem and double check the signal strength. Also, just inspect the coax cable coming into your house, sometimes the cable can get damaged.

2 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

You might log into your modem and double check the signal strength. Also, just inspect the coax cable coming into your house, sometimes the cable can get damaged.

The thing is i was experianceing these speeds at the house previous to this one so i dont see the cable being an issue

7 minutes ago, Llamaiscracked said:

The thing is i was experianceing these speeds at the house previous to this one so i dont see the cable being an issue

What router / modem are you using? Was the router the same from your old house?

What router / modem are you using? Was the router the same from your old house?

no the new higher quality stuff they provided

47 minutes ago, Llamaiscracked said:

It's noise on the coax cable coming into the house, not the ethernet cable.

You'll need to access the modem and post the signal strength of the channels here so we can check if they are within spec or not.

I was on Spectrum for a while and at bare minimum was getting 30ms ping to their own servers so 100ms ping isn't outside the realm of normal for cable

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

7 hours ago, Lurick said:

It's noise on the coax cable coming into the house, not the ethernet cable.

You'll need to access the modem and post the signal strength of the channels here so we can check if they are within spec or not.

I was on Spectrum for a while and at bare minimum was getting 30ms ping to their own servers so 100ms ping isn't outside the realm of normal for cable

image.thumb.png.1e734d37e2c23f40f22b51ef8e9b9693.png