Alienware 15 used idle heat Problem

Hey i bought a used alienware 15 with a i7 4720hq + 980m the problem is that it gets a littel hot like i am watching youtube/twitch etc and i am at 60 its more for use in bed sofa etc and no the vents are clear as far as i can see i wont open it cause this model is a pain to open sadly the strange part is it gets like 65 etc and the fans are at 0% most of the time like it gets hot at the bottom not buring hot but hot if i stress it the fans are fine and go on but at idle its like i am burning its fine is it possible to get another fan profil etc never had a alienware before right now i feel like it acts like a macbook burn but ay i am silent (sry for bad english)

One issue most people have is they set the laptop flush on the bed or on your lap. Make sure that the back is propped upright in these positions as the fans will be starved of air. Also, it might be a good idea to open it up anyway and repaste the CPU and GPU as that laptop is mighty old by today's standards.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

The Problem is not that the fans cant get air like i said they just dont turn on xD the Moment i really stress the system the temps peaks 90 fans start up and it stays at 70/80 at 100% cpu its some kind of strange silent profil that why i hope someone maybe knows stuff about alienwares and there fan curves 

22 minutes ago, Imglidinhere said:

One issue most people have is they set the laptop flush on the bed or on your lap. Make sure that the back is propped upright in these positions as the fans will be starved of air. Also, it might be a good idea to open it up anyway and repaste the CPU and GPU as that laptop is mighty old by today's standards.

23 minutes ago, Imglidinhere said:

And like i said google the Alienware 15 r1 and how u open it on yt i will never even open that xDD u have to fking take off the hole display etc its insane 

1 hour ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

And like i said google the Alienware 15 r1 and how u open it on yt i will never even open that xDD u have to fking take off the hole display etc its insane 

You asked me why your laptop is running hot. If you don't want to repaste it because it's difficult, that's on you. Ultimately this is why buying used is sketchy.

Might want to look into seeing if the fan settings are changed at all or possibly overriding them with something like HWiNFO64.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260