Gabe's Guide

NerdNinja

Before I say anything. First off Moderator's this this will be updated to a actual build guide as soon as I have built it and I have the pictures witch will be withing a few hours maybe a day at the most so please don't move this thread. :D

But before I go over to my friends house to build this..

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NerdNinja/saved/38fc

I need to know what I should bring. Is there really anything besides a multi-tip screwdriver? I wanna make sure that I am prepared for anything and also if you could offer some quick tips about installing an OS(windows 7) as this is my first time that would be great!

Thanks in advance and remember to stay tuned for possible pics!(If we can get them off of the camera  ;))

Wish me luck!

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Don't forget the IO shield.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

some tools.

isopropyl alcohol

use 64 bit windows.

be careful.

don't froget the thermal paste.

and as always RELEASE THE KRAKEN

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

some tools.

isopropyl alcohol

use 64 bit windows.

be careful.

don't froget the thermal paste.

and as always RELEASE THE KRAKEN

Ooh shoot alcohol. Hmm i'll have to see if I have that. If not is that bad?

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Get the 100 dollar 8320 at Microcenter if you can. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

well, you only need it if your CPU is dirty/oily. Or your CPU cooler.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

well, you only need it if your CPU is dirty/oily. Or your CPU cooler.

Well I should probably hope it's clean then because I doubt that my friend and I have isotropic alcohol...oops....

Since this is a new build, you shouldn't need the alcohol.

Doesn't everyone have Isopropyl alcohol in their house anyway??

If you haven't already bought the stuff you should really consider a better motherboard (or return it and buy a different one if you already bought it).

No you don't need it unless you touch the CPU

And take your time, don't rush it

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

If you haven't already bought the stuff you should really consider a better motherboard (or return it and buy a different one if you already bought it).

^This. That motherboard doesnt have VRM heatsink and it could overheat resulting in CPU throttling, I suggest this board if you want mATX.

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

^This. That motherboard doesnt have VRM heatsink and it could overheat resulting in CPU throttling, I suggest this board if you want mATX.

Already bought the stuff awhile back. He doesn't play anything intensive like battlefield or crysis so I think it will be ok. 

Since this is a new build, you shouldn't need the alcohol.

Doesn't everyone have Isopropyl alcohol in their house anyway??

Yea just checked. Wanted to be sure though. :P

Not sure why, but Partspicker also says that the motherboard, and CPU aren't compatible... Again, not sure why... Just pointing it out.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Not sure why, but Partspicker also says that the motherboard, and CPU aren't compatible... Again, not sure why... Just pointing it out.

Yea just noticed that. Bug maybe? I don't know. It was compatible though when we planned the build out though. Haha. I was scared for a moment.

It shouldn't be you can build without, the alcohol is only if you need to clean the thermal paste of the cpu:D

It shouldn't be you can build without, the alcohol is only if you need to clean the thermal paste of the cpu:D

Meh. We have it so might as well use it.

Nope, be sure to grab some wodka, wiskey and champagne! 

To be serious: I have some isopropyl and termal paste laying around but that's not really needed if you don't have an aftermarket cooler.

"It's like all common sense just goes out of the window when a computer is involved."

Yea just noticed that. Bug maybe? I don't know. It was compatible though when we planned the build out though. Haha. I was scared for a moment.

Its probably either saying that your board isn't meant for 125W cpus or that you may need to update your bios in order for your cpu to work properly.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!!!

To the grand total of one person who followed this thread I am sorry it took so long but here is the build!

Fair note the pics are taken with the webcam of a samsung chromebook so there gonna suck...

post-40263-0-58765600-1393092529.jpg

Finished!

post-40263-0-13220700-1393092530.jpg

Instaling Windows!

post-40263-0-57396900-1393092530.jpg

The Guts

lots and lots ofplastic zip ties for me, and im addicted to electrical tape, which i use for almost everything

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi